Director, People Development - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Develop the roadmap for building functional excellence within the client organization
- Work directly with the top GTO executive team to improve effectiveness and efficiency around alignment, direction setting, decision making and communication in the function;
- Drive transformation of our company's culture through change management processes and tools resulting in a better aligned culture to meet company's current business challenges;
- Translate the insights from organization and employee surveys into actions that have a significant impact on the unit’s performance and culture.
- Leadership Development
- Contribute to the design, development and promotion of leadership development programs, processes, systems and tools and implement these on a local level.
Programs, processes, systems and tools include:
- Talent management (succession planning, high potential identification)
- Performance planning and assessment
- Individual development plans
- Company’s “360°” feedback process
- Coaching and career development
- Leadership and management training curriculum
- Other Development initiatives as required
- Educate leaders about value of leadership development. Help instill a talent mindset in the organization and equip senior managers to become “people developers”
- Consult and collaborate with HR Business Partners, colleagues in POD, and key senior managers to ensure leadership capability is in place to allow functions/units to meet their critical business needs and attain their objectives.
- Talent Management and Workforce Planning
- Lead company's organization and HR Planning process (OHRP) for the client organizations
- Own the succession planning process for the client organizations;
- Consult on performance planning, individual development plans and assessment
- Work closely with executives to identify and support high potential talent.
The ideal candidate will possess 12-15 years of experience with a combination of strategy and organization expertise, including experience working in a top tier management consulting firm. This individual will be a self-motivated, self-confident professional who is comfortable operating with moderate direction, and who thrives in a fluid and dynamic environment as a leader influencing change and transformation.
Specific qualities and experience for the position include:
- Ability to build effective working relationships with a diverse “customer” base, including senior managers, HR Business Partners, consultants, etc.
- Results-oriented approach with a commitment to quality and performance, and track record of driving impact and change within a complex, matrixed organization
- Proven ability to balance the need for global consistency with local customization
- Business maturity and interpersonal “savvy” to work with both senior managers and line employees
- Proven ability to achieve results by working with a global team;
- Personal drive and tenacity, embracing difficult and/or complex tasks with enthusiasm and continued resolve
- Experience working on employer of choice and/or inclusion initiatives considered a plus.
An undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree in Management or a related field is preferred.