This job is currently Archived,
Director, People Development - United States
Posted on : 07 June 2017
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, Global Therapeutic Operations (GTO) & Executive Search, the Director, People Development is responsible for the organizational and leadership effectiveness of his or her GTO client organizations. Partnering with senior management and related HR staff, this role provides OD consulting, leadership development and talent management solutions to increase the effectiveness of company’s growing GTO organization.
- Develop the roadmap for building functional excellence within the client organization
- Work directly with the top GTO executive team to improve effectiveness and efficiency around alignment, direction setting, decision making and communication in the function;
- Drive transformation of our company's culture through change management processes and tools resulting in a better aligned culture to meet company's current business challenges;
- Translate the insights from organization and employee surveys into actions that have a significant impact on the unit’s performance and culture.
- Leadership Development
- Contribute to the design, development and promotion of leadership development programs, processes, systems and tools and implement these on a local level.
Programs, processes, systems and tools include:
- Talent management (succession planning, high potential identification)
- Performance planning and assessment
- Individual development plans
- Company’s “360°” feedback process
- Coaching and career development
- Leadership and management training curriculum
- Other Development initiatives as required
- Educate leaders about value of leadership development. Help instill a talent mindset in the organization and equip senior managers to become “people developers”
- Consult and collaborate with HR Business Partners, colleagues in POD, and key senior managers to ensure leadership capability is in place to allow functions/units to meet their critical business needs and attain their objectives.
- Talent Management and Workforce Planning
- Lead company's organization and HR Planning process (OHRP) for the client organizations
- Own the succession planning process for the client organizations;
- Consult on performance planning, individual development plans and assessment
- Work closely with executives to identify and support high potential talent.
The ideal candidate will possess 12-15 years of experience with a combination of strategy and organization expertise, including experience working in a top tier management consulting firm. This individual will be a self-motivated, self-confident professional who is comfortable operating with moderate direction, and who thrives in a fluid and dynamic environment as a leader influencing change and transformation.
Specific qualities and experience for the position include:
- Ability to build effective working relationships with a diverse “customer” base, including senior managers, HR Business Partners, consultants, etc.
- Results-oriented approach with a commitment to quality and performance, and track record of driving impact and change within a complex, matrixed organization
- Proven ability to balance the need for global consistency with local customization
- Business maturity and interpersonal “savvy” to work with both senior managers and line employees
- Proven ability to achieve results by working with a global team;
- Personal drive and tenacity, embracing difficult and/or complex tasks with enthusiasm and continued resolve
- Experience working on employer of choice and/or inclusion initiatives considered a plus.
An undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree in Management or a related field is preferred.
Job Segment: Manager, Biotech, Consulting, Scientific, Management, Science, Technology, Engineering, Research