Director, Payer Account - Southwest - United States
- Our company is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells.
- Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies.
- We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team.
- Our company is publicly traded with a current market well over $2 Billion.
- The Director, Payer Account - West will be responsible for representing our company as a leader in engineered T cell immunotherapy and will have overall responsibility for ensuring private and public payer coverage and reimbursement for company products, within their assigned geographic region.
- Identifying, developing, and managing strategic relationships with national and/or regional payers, within assigned region
- Build proactive relationships with organizations/KOLs whose experience and views provide influence with payers
- Assessing payer landscape to understand potential coverage for company products
- Implement pre-launch payer education plan to ensure awareness of company products
- Develop and implement account level business plans
- Partnering with Medical Affairs and HEOR team to address clinical and outcomes concerns from payers
- Understanding payer requirements for inpatient setting
- Extensive understanding of the impact of payer policies on company products, our customers and competitive products
- Obtain coverage for company products within assigned accounts
- Identify and mitigate potential challenges that may hinder access
- Work with company services to ensure understanding of payer coverage policy and requirements
- Post launch, partner with field team to provide education on respective payers and to address any questions/concerns that arise
- Establish critical relationships with a variety of stakeholders within their geography: key institutions, Medicare CMDs, health plan medical and pharmacy directors and state Medicaid directors
- Partner with reimbursement support team to provide education on respective payers and assist with any coverage questions
- Responsible and accountable for the successful implementation within their regions of the strategic and tactical market access plan
- Medical benefit experience, inpatient experience preferred
- National and regional payer experience
- Excellent strategic thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to successfully partner with payers and with internal cross-functional teams
- Possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences;
- Sustained track record of achievement in Oncology payer management
- BA/BS degree required, Master degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Oncology Payer Account Management
- Requires ability to travel 50- 70% of the time
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
- We are able to offer the upside of working in a small, but growing company where everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commiserate to any large corporation.