Director, Patient Support Services Program Strategy & Management - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Director, Patient Support Services Program Strategy & Management will personally oversee the management of the non-distribution process for attaining commercial drug, free drug, and patient support.
- This is the person who will serve as the primary point of contact and will be looked to by the sales force, market access group, providers, and patients for solutions.
- This critical role requires a seasoned professional with leadership experience across the Bio/Pharma industry.
- The incumbent will lead the strategic design, implementation and operations for the company’s patient reimbursement and support services across the company’s hematology/oncology product portfolios.
- Supports all inline and new hematology/oncology products. This includes supervising separate HUB/call centers, copay programs and PAP program vendors.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to Patient Reimbursement HUB, Financial Support Programs, Case Management Support and related patient support programs.
- The role functions as a subject matter expert on patient reimbursement support services and collaborates cross functionally within the commercial organization to design and implement programs that support the company’s patient access objectives.
- Works closely with several cross-functional stakeholders including US Market Access, Commercial Operations, Marketing, Patient Advocacy, Sales, Compliance, Legal, Medical and Market Analytics along with relevant external customers and stakeholders.
- Has significant interaction with Senior Commercial and Legal leadership to accomplish overall business objectives.
- Oversees existing patient access programs, day to day operations with a focus on operational excellence in support of patient needs.
- Manages external partner performance against contractual arrangements, SOPs, KPIs, and to budget.
- Maintains program SOPs, exceptions processes, workflows, scripting, training and reports.
- Negotiates and executes contracts / SOWs and budgets for desired services.
- Develops project timelines for new and enhanced services and manages through to completion.
- Identifies and communicates strategic insights and trends in health plan coverage, healthcare reform, patient access and provider needs.
- Supports Field Payer Team reimbursement needs with strong communication and timely customer service to address customer needs.
- Develops strategic recommendations and implementation plans for pain and oncology patient support services.
- Achieves brand specific patient access objectives and KPI’s at launch and throughout the product life-cycle and ensures that operations are in place to provide optimal reimbursement support at launch.
- Leads the design, implementation and ongoing management of all patient reimbursement HUB services programs.
- Develops performance dashboards and interprets hub data for purposes of assessing market access trends, hub program utilization, and performance against defined KPIs.
- Develops and maintains SOPs and business rules related to all US patient support.
- Supports the annual brand planning process with data driven reimbursement insights.
- Demonstrates fiscal discipline and accountability to effectively and efficiently manage external partners and vendors performance through appropriate metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- Requires multiple years of experience within the biotech/specialty pharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Several years of proven experience working with or in Patient Access call center HUB operations.
- Product launch experience desired.
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative), strategic thinking, creativity and problem solving skills.
- Good communicator with ability to influence others.
- Self-directed, hands-on approach, comfortable with broad and varied job responsibilities
- Oncology/Specialty experience. Ideally with in- and out-patient products.
- Track record of successfully managing and leading vendor relationships from both a strategic and operational perspective and achieving results.
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturer compliance requirements, patient confidentiality (HIPAA regulations), product reimbursement and product access.
- Knowledge and experience in Medicare Parts A-D, Medicaid, and private payer policies, reimbursement process, health policy, areas of coverage, payment, coding, Specialty Pharmacy, and buy and bill.
- Experience with Commercial Brand Planning process, able to translate brand disease state and business drivers into patient support programs and operational requirements.
- “Customer First” customer service orientation. Puts the customer at the center of all business activities.