Director, Patient Support Services Program Strategy & Management - Ireland
- The Director, Patient Support Services Program Strategy & Management will personally oversee the management of the non-distribution process for attaining commercial drug, free drug, and patient support.
- This is the person who will serve as the primary point of contact and will be looked to by the sales force, market access group, providers, and patients for solutions.
- This critical role requires a seasoned professional with leadership experience across the Bio/Pharma industry.
- The incumbent will lead the strategic design, implementation and operations for the company’s patient reimbursement and support services across the company’s portfolio of Sleep products.
This includes supervising HUB/call centers, copay programs and PAP program vendors.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to Patient Reimbursement HUB, Financial Support Programs, Case Management Support and related patient support programs.
- The role functions as a subject matter expert on patient reimbursement support services and collaborates cross functionally within the commercial organization to design and implement programs that support the company’s patient access objectives.
- Works closely with several cross-functional stakeholders including US Market Access, Commercial Operations, Marketing, Patient Advocacy, Sales, Compliance, Legal, Medical and Market Analytics along with relevant external customers and stakeholders. Has significant interaction with Senior Commercial and Legal leadership to accomplish overall business objectives.
- Oversees existing patient access programs, day to day operations with a focus on operational excellence in support of patient needs.
- Manages external partner performance against contractual arrangements, SOPs, KPIs, and to budget. Maintains program SOPs, business rules, exceptions processes, workflows, scripting, training and reports. Negotiates and executes contracts/SOWs and budgets for desired services.
- Develops project timelines for new and enhanced services and manages through to completion.
- Identifies and communicates strategic insights and trends in health plan coverage, healthcare reform, patient access and provider needs.
- Supports Field Payer Team reimbursement needs with strong communication and timely customer service to address customer needs.
- Develops strategic recommendations and implementation plans for sleep patient support services. Achieves brand specific patient access objectives and KPI’s at launch and throughout the product lifecycle and ensures that operations are in place to provide optimal reimbursement support at launch.
- Leads the design, implementation and ongoing management of all patient reimbursement HUB services programs.
- Develops performance dashboards and interprets hub data for purposes of assessing market access trends, hub program utilization, and performance against defined KPIs. Develops and maintains SOPs and business rules related to all US patient support.
- Supports the annual brand planning process with data driven reimbursement insights.
- Demonstrates fiscal discipline and accountability to effectively and efficiently manage external partners and vendors performance through appropriate metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- Requires multiple years of experience within the biotech/specialty pharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Several years of proven experience working with or in Patient Access call center HUB operations.
- Product launch experience desired. Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative), strategic thinking, creativity and problem solving skills. Good communicator with ability to influence others.
- Self-directed, hands-on approach, comfortable with broad and varied job responsibilities.
- Track record of successfully managing and leading vendor relationships from both a strategic and operational perspective and achieving results.
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturer compliance requirements, patient confidentiality (HIPAA regulations), product reimbursement and product access. Knowledge and experience in Medicare Parts A-D, Medicaid, and private payer policies, reimbursement process, health policy, areas of coverage, payment, coding, Specialty Pharmacy, and buy and bill.
- Experience with Commercial Brand Planning process, able to translate brand disease state and business drivers into patient support programs and operational requirements. “Customer First” customer service orientation. Puts the customer at the center of all business activities
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment:
- Works indoor in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, and fumes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.