- We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
- Employees of our Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Our company is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Our research and development center develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
- Pro-actively look for inventions within company and create and maintain awareness about use and necessity of patent applications among company employees in order to ensure that new inventions are timely identified by or communicated to the IP department in order to file patent applications.
- Perform thorough analysis on patent applications; search for similar patent applications - world-wide – by competitors in order to fully understand the technical and commercial value of the invention and in order to be able to determine the optimal scope of the patent application.
- Prepare, create, prosecute and ensure filing and maintenance of patent applications in order to secure developments and inventions in the form of Intellectual Property so that applications, production and commercialization, preferably exclusively, belong to our company. The candidate possesses the initiative and experience required to administer a patent portfolio independently.
- Provide IP related advice to internal clients and discuss research projects, inventions and developments with these clients in order to agree upon the ‘freedom–to-operate’ in terms of products and inventions and in order to provide advice upon patentability of their inventions and developments.
- Participate in business development by providing expert advice in License negotiations with other companies and analyze any format agreements with these companies in order to defend company’s interests in the domain of patents.
- Pro-actively monitor, identify and analyze changes, developments and trends in case-law and patent legislation, in Europe, the USA and PCT, in order to timely redirect existing or new company patent applications to these developments.
- Pro-actively monitor competitor moves and positions regarding patents in order to timely identify any potential violation of company patents and in order to be able to take timely appropriate or corrective actions.
- Develop and verify respect for IP related processes and procedures, within the own department but as well within the other departments (laboratory notebooks, document retention, …) in order to ensure a correct, uniform and qualitative approach to patent applications.
- At least Masters, preferably Ph.D. Degree, in chemistry, pharmacy or life sciences.
- Preferably 10 years or more of experience in patent practice and passed in full the European Qualifying Exam.
- High degree of independence to provide patent support to a R&D project team.
- Proficient knowledge of English.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills allowing to relate easily at all levels within the organization, particularly to those in the R&D functions.
- Be flexible, adaptable and comfortable working within a multicultural, high-achieving company with high standards of ethics and Credo behaviour.
- Be prepared to travel as and when the occasion demands.
- Our company offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer.
- Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
- If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
- Our company offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment.
- You have real possibilities to evolve within company's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp.
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer we are committed to a diverse workforce.