This job is currently Archived,
Director Operational Excellence - Netherlands
Posted on : 22 April 2017
- The Director Operational Excellence MMD AH the Netherlands provides leadership and direction towards a total transformation to build world class supply processes across the sites.
- The transformation is built on Lean and Six Sigma principles, designed in our Merck Production System (MPS).
- The role is part of the site leadership team and will be instrumental in shaping and executing the site strategy and ensuring alignment with MMD’s overall strategy.
- The position requires a strong change management mindset, coupled with excellent coaching and mentoring skills. Both conceptual as well as in depth demonstrated capability of using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to drive improved business performance are essential.
- A high standard of communication, collaboration and influencing skills are expected.
- The position manages 3 Improvement Engineers dedicated to MPS activities and a Learning and Development team of 2 supporting the sites formal training and development processes.
Key responsibilities are:
- Support the department leads and the functional teams to execute a program to build world class supply processes by creating a shared vision and clear objectives
- Responsible for the continuous deployment of Production System tools and methods, management system (tier) and mindset and behaviors
- Oversee and govern the site strategy execution
- Act as a sought-after functional and methodological expert
- Be a role model for Operational Excellence, disciplined approaches, fact-based decision making, root-cause thinking, connecting with people at different levels
- Maintain expertise in various continuous improvement methods and supply chain models through continuous learning and bringing in external resources as appropriate
- Coaching and developing small teams and individuals
- Drive Learning & Development processes
Desired skills & experience
- Certified Lean/Six Sigma (Master) Black Belt.
- 10+ years of working experience in Manufacturing and Supply Chain from a leading Lean/Six sigma company.
- Extensive knowledge of current best practices in Six Sigma and TPS/Lean.
- Proven successes in manufacturing and supply chain Operational Excellence, in TPS/Lean, DMAIC or business process management.
- Proven record in successfully setting up and managing complex projects and change initiatives towards successful realization of results (being disciplined on the methods)
- Proven capabilities in managing a small team of professionals
- Connecting easily with people of various cultures and backgrounds
- Both conceptual as well as hands-on with shop floor improvement initiatives
- Functional knowledge of SAP is a preferred
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both written and oral
- High ethical standards and integrity are "must haves".
- Our company is working to help the world be well.
- Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals.
- We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them.
- Our company has a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites.
- Our company Animal Health develops and produces vaccines and pharmaceutical specialties for livestock, companion animals and fish.
- We have offices in more than 50 countries, sell our products in over 140 markets and operate in a network of manufacturing sites and research and development facilities around the world.
- We are always seeking innovative talents that focus on constant improvement of our products and the way we work.
- We’re looking for new colleagues who are entrepreneurs and result driven.
- But not only results matter; how you achieve these results is crucial to be successful within company Animal Health as well.
- Our company Animal Health leads the way in veterinary pharmaceuticals.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Manager, Consulting, ERP, Lean Six Sigma, Supply, Management, Technology, Operations