Director of Promotional Strategy Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This position will require outstanding leadership in product management. This experienced marketer’s role will focus on the promotional strategy for the Melanoma indication. This will include but not be limited to the following:
- Preparing the global market for the introduction of new indication
- Exhibits & Conventions Planning and Execution
- Digital marketing
- Promotional strategy & tactical execution
- Patient engagement strategy and tactical execution
- Organized customer engagement strategy and tactical execution
- The candidate will have demonstrated ability to work within complex organizations and markets and leading sub teams in support of key marketing strategy areas.
- Effective cross-functional leader with proven ability to create brand plans that generate both revenue and operating income.
- Work effectively with cross-functional partners including research and development, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, market access, market analytics, field sales organization, international and domestic operations, legal, communications, training and development, health care compliance, etc… to successfully navigate the internal and external environments and deliver value to our customers.
- Provides commercial input on such activities including product development team, target product profile development, global regulatory filing strategy, launch readiness reviews, organized customer interactions, market research, forecasting, and agency partner management.
- Responsible for maximizing physician acceptance, market penetration, profitability, and new indication launch uptake.
- Work with finance and business planning to manage brand marketing budget.
- Minimum of a BA/BS required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5+ year’s pharmaceutical business experience required.
- Minimum 2 years oncology marketing experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in development of disease state and product strategy, product positioning, and brand marketing.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills are required.
- Experience with collaboration, influencing without authority and working successfully with cross-functional matrix teams is required.
- Experience in sales and global marketing preferred. Product/indication launch experience is preferred
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Global Marketing ONC
Job Title:Dir, Global Marketing
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Manager, Medical, Oncology, Law, Management, Healthcare, Legal, Research