Director of Program Management Office (f/m) - Germany
- The Project Management Office (PMO) is an integral part of the Research and Development Department of our company Dosimetry, managing development, research and maintenance projects for our range of medical hardware and software solutions.
- The head of the PMO is responsible for the overall project and portfolio management, providing leadership, coordination and management of the PMO processes and functions.
- The function will oversee the portfolio of projects and provide expert knowledge to ensure a successful delivery and a professional monitoring and reporting on the portfolio status to all stakeholders.
- The role is expected to provide strong leadership in a matrix organization to promote best practices in managing interrelated projects and programs. In this function, he/she supervises the PMO team and reports directly to the VP R&D.
The main responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop the Project Management Office team
- Manage portfolio and projects in terms of resources and orchestration of development, review, approval and gating activities
- Present timely, accurate and relevant project and portfolio reporting information to sponsors and stakeholders
- Run or attend Project Boards and Steering Groups
- Ensure a high level of standardization within the PMO and continuously improve processes to optimize project management and delivery
- Own the PMO central repository of documentation and processes and ensure a proper handling of project related information in compliance with internal and external audit standards
- Contribute to organizational business and budget planning process
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in leading multi project management activities, ideally in medical device industry
- Relevant senior level management / line management experience
- Recognized ability to plan & manage a range of projects types and complex business initiatives
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional project/program management, achieving product, solution, and organizational objectives
- Inspiring, open-minded and ‘can-do’ attitude which encourages innovation and embraces change
- Self-motivated with the ability to work consistently and efficiently to achieve overall team as well as personal goals.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and people management skills
- Max 10 % travelling time (international) This position allows you to work in an independent, internationally active and varied environment. Does this sound like you? Do YOU appreciate a dynamic and positive working climate? Do you want to provide added value and actively contribute to our and your success? We look forward to YOUR meaningful application.
- Our company is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy.
- The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including company’s leading fully integrated radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
- Employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, Our company currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
- The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
- Our company offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer.
- Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
- If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
- Our company offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment.
- You have real possibilities to evolve within company's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer our company is committed to a diverse workforce.