- With around 29,000 people working in approx. 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health.
- Our company is dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure.
- We are expanding continuously into new fields of treatment and therapy.
- By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential.
- We are looking for colleagues with the right skills and experiences to support us in improving the quality of the most precious thing we know: life.
- We are looking for strong candidates for the positions of Director of Health Economics. The key accountabilities for this role are as follows:
- Developing Health-Economics Models for Oncology
- Supporting LOC HTA Submissions and payer negotiations
- Interfacing with external Health-Economics experts
- Serving as a capability building / Center of Excellence (CoE) for Health-Economics & HTA topics
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating with Outcomes Research and Global Market Access Teams for development of cost/value drivers, epidemiology, efficacy, and other information needed to populate models
- Developing early assessments of the economic viability of a product, using a variety of methods and techniques
- Critically appraising clinical evidence for Value Proposition and HE modelling as well as HE model structure, inputs parameters, sensitivity analyses
- Managing the development of complementary evidence with meta-analyses, ITC, MTC, RWE studies
- Developing health economics models in collaboration with various teams
- Managing collection of cost data at different stages of the product developments to support Valuing Messages and HE models development
- Collaborating with the Global Market Access Team members to support needs for HE modelling and assessments that can support brand value evaluation
- Master or PhD level in biostatistics, econometrics, statistics or mathematics
- At least 10 years of experiences in Health Economic modelling (CEA, CUA, BIM, HTA submissions, meta-analysis, MTC, ITC, Kaplan-Meyer analysis, etc. including program development and users guides) from either HE consultancy or the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in developing HE strategy to support value proposition development for innovative medical products
- Experience in performing statistical/mathematical modelling using techniques such as decision tree analysis, Markov Modelling, Discrete event simulations
- Experience in cost data analysis (DRG-like database and/or claims database) and Real Word Data analysis (from either retrospective or prospective observational studies)
- Understanding of global payer environment, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing and contracting, formulary management and health technology assessment
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think critically, challenge conclusions and underlying assumptions
- Good business sense and maturity to challenge input
- Capability to learn, adapt and apply available and new systems and tools to improve the quality of processes and output
- Demonstrated ability to successfully succeed in a highly matrixed environment, including interpersonal skills to foster collaboration
- Proficiency with software, including very strong MS Excel skills
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
- All applicants must hold a Swiss Work Permit or an EU Passport