This job is currently Archived,
Director of Engineering and Facilities - United States
Kite Pharma (company)
Posted on : 23 June 2017
- Our company is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care.
- The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors.
- The Director of Engineering and Facilities and will be responsible for the Facilities needs of the Manufacturing and Administrative buildings.Specifically, leading the teams that manage the maintenance and support of R&D and administrative building utilities, HVAC, control systems, equipment maintenance and calibration.
- The position is also responsible for ensuring the ongoing planning and execution of building repairs and upkeep, and leading the teams that do the day-to-day activities of security, pest control, maintenance, calibration, janitorial activities, and associated contractors.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Ensure that all facility utilities are 100% operational and maintained in support for laboratory activities
- Develop and execute plans for calibration and maintenance of R&D equipment, utilities, including compressed gases, and HVAC
- Manage facility support contractors, including security and pest control
- Lead teams that resolve and repair facility support systems safely and expeditiously, startup and shutdown facility systems, maintain up to date records for all state, federal, and insurance inspections and the monitoring and responding to BAS remote notification and take appropriate action per approved SOP’s
- Lead the preparation of facility budget
- Establish and organize records keeping of maintenance and calibration activities according to cGMP
- Recommend solutions and implements appropriate corrective action for major or complex maintenance issues using good documentation practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline or related field or equivalent experience required, advanced degree preferred with at least 10 years of manufacturing facility supervisory maintenance or building operations experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience being a leader or leaders that work on mechanical, electrical, HVAC, boilers, water systems and compressed gases
- Experience with Building Management software strongly preferred
- Control automation and PLC experience is a plus
- Able to build and manage a team
- Comfortable writing department operational/maintenance SOP’s
- Willingness to put internal customer needs first
- Must be able to work on off shift hours as well as part of the on-call rotation as needed is required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- High energy level and a positive outlook coupled with the requisite “can do” attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organizational goals and overcome obstacles
- Willingness to think outside of the box and adapt best practices to our small, but growing environment
- Ability to adapt in a constantly evolving environment
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation.