Director of Customer Service - United States
We are experiencing tremendous growth both domestically and internationally are therefore are expanding our commercial and technical sales organization to support this rapidly developing customer base. Repligen intends to continue this rapid growth through acquisition and international organic growth
As we expand globally we are seeking an experienced and effective Director of Customer Service. This role is responsible for the vision, strategy, design and implementation of best-in-class solutions for our internal and external customers. This role will acts as the customer's representative within Repligen. By implementing best in class tools and processes the successful candidate will apply technical expertise in order to resolve complex customer issues. Interface comfortably with Senior Management, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and customers to resolve business, and technical issues on all products and services.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction as we add more complex products to our portfolio to sell to our widening global customer base. She/he will create the leadership and vision required for all facets of customer service and support responsibility for the highest levels of customer responsiveness and satisfaction from initial inquiry through fulfillment completion.
This is an exciting opportunity to build a customer service group in direct support of our customers and commercial operations in a player/coach role. The successful candidate will analyze customer satisfaction and efficiency of order and delivery processing and will be responsible for identifying and implementing areas of improvement. Reporting to the VP, Bioprocessing Sales, this individual will be working as part of our commercial Sales group.
- Establish a global customer service support function capable of providing timely, effective service recognized by our customers as first class
- Oversee the function of Customer Service Specialist including but not limited to responding to customer calls and email inquiries, providing customers with general product/service information, pricing quotations, general technical support, and order fulfillment & shipment tracking information
- Manage and coordinate remote organization
- Use and manage a CRM database, integrated with Dynamics ERP system
- Effectively support communication between customers and direct sales to the internal organizations (i.e. Manufacturing and Product Management)
- Support Accounting/Finance group with respect to order management
- Work closely with shipping and logistics to ensure correct and timely delivery to customer site
- Support Quality Assurance for quality and ISO 9001 Compliance
- Document customer complaints and facilitate complaint resolution with Product Management, Quality and Manufacturing
- Support field sales and coordinate logistics for marketing activities such as tradeshows, conferences, mailings, etc.
- Provide the leadership required to identify and implement process improvement initiatives across all areas of customer service
- Coordinate with the Administration Group to ensure accurate order invoices and timely receivables
- Direct management experience leading and managing internationally distributed customer service teams to deliver integrated multinational customer support
- Direct experience with leading functional integration of international acquisition
- Demonstrated ability to build, nurture and develop CS organizations
- A strongly developed sense and dedication to client service and a motivated self- starter with analytical assessment and independent problem solving capability
- Ideal candidates have experience working in a direct customer service organization including customer service, logistics, procurement, order tracking and entry, and day-to-day customer interactions; experience with the Life Sciences industry preferred
- Understand how to set, measure, monitor and improve KPIs for customer service
- Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to build trusting effective relations cross departmentally within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years’ experience leading international customer service organization and/or other relevant disciplines of business administration
- Demonstrated leadership skills