Director of Commercial Operations, International - United Kingdom
- Our company is an exciting new company, headquartered in the US. We are building a platform to become a credible partner in progressive, non-viral Liver Diseases to physicians, patients, payers and the broader scientific community, and have an opportunity for a Director of Commercial Operations, International to join our International HQ in London.
- As a relatively new company, it is important that people joining our company further develop credible and trusted relationships with key regional and country stakeholders, clinical, payer, community and policy and be passionate about tackling liver disease.
- The Director of Commercial Operations, International will oversee a team including Business Analytics, and Sales Force Effectiveness.
- As a critical business partner to the International regions, the Director of Commercial Operations will lead a team dedicated to providing high quality commercial support as well as key part of the decision-making process for the company International management team as well as local markets, and moreover achieving access for patients.
- They will lead the process in a number of critical areas to the business, such as business planning, performance tracking and forecasting and as such building a strong working relationship with both the central and affiliate teams will be critical
- The successful candidate should be capable of working in an international and multicultural environment to help drive the success of the company.
- He or she should be positive thinking, energetic, confident, diplomatic, independent and entrepreneurial with good IT-knowledge.
- The detailed key accountabilities, the candidate profile and required experience is set out in the following brief.
- This role will demand an ability to work with a strong operational focus and the right person will thrive in ambiguity and possess an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
- Lead the INTL Commercial Operations team, ensuring activities are aligned with commercial objectives and are regionally consistent.
- Provide co-ordination for the Commercial Operations teams in the countries to ensure sharing of best practice and consistency of implementation.
- Coordinate the business planning process across EUCA, also providing input into strategic planning, critical path issues/solutions, resource management and project management.
- Leads forecasting process including manufacturing forecasts
- Leads management of CRM ensuring full implementation across all affiliates
- Work closely with country teams to understand their needs on a broad range of projects
- Supports ED/SVP to deliver quality senior management presentations and briefings
Leads and develops a team who will deliver:
- Business Analytics
- To develop and report on EUCA wide KPIs for the commercial teams through dashboards, working closely the central team to analyse deviations and implement corrective actions
- Data warehouse operation – management and development with the external vendor providing the service
- Compile and design reports and dashboards based on KPI’s and measurement of performance vs targets; distribute and broadcast above-mentioned reports on a regular basis or as needed.
- Size and structure analytics – for customer-facing resourcing
- Assessment, development and implementation of commercial training need for affiliates
- Collaboration with Medical Affairs to ensure appropriate training needs are met.
- Sales Operations
- To lead the implementation of SFE across region, working closely with the central and country teams
- To define and implement key account management programmes
- To define and manage Reward and recognition programmes in association with HR
- Incentive compensation plan administration in coordination with Human Resources.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Recent track record of successfully supporting specialty product launches across Europe is essential. Experience in working in rare diseases is advantageous.
- Proven experience in a Country or EU level Commercial Operations role in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Solid conceptual thinking – ability to analyze large amounts of information and extract insights.
- Experience leveraging quantitative techniques and statistical analyses in support of Commercial Operations.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Vendor / partner management and contract negotiation experience required.
- Experience of leading teams and working cross functionally.
- Experience in developing and managing external business partner relationships.
- Proven leadership in developing new business processes and moving them to automated systems and implementation.
- Ability to work/lead in a dynamic group that takes a multi-disciplined team approach to executing and achieving departmental and corporate goals
- Personal characteristics will be absolutely crucial, as the successful individual needs to have the self-sufficiency, energy and drive to take this opportunity and run with it, with a level of comfort at working in a high-growth, fast-paced matrix environment, where influencing and negotiating across an organisation are a prerequisite.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to attract talent and create a culture of collaboration and teamwork that fosters open communication, constructive conflict and organisational flexibility.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, displaying candor and integrity at all times.
- Strategic “out of the box” thinker who will challenge the status quo to improve marketing deliverables.
- Entrepreneurial, decisive, possesses a sense of urgency with the ability and strong desire to “make things happen.
- Strong customer orientation; a passion for science-based brands that can dramatically improve patients’ lives.
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical industry in sales operations and marketing roles with increasing responsibility
- Experience working with EU central and country teams
- Good skills in English, both oral and written communications.
- Proven ability to manage project teams remotely. Must be able to travel up to 25%.
- Must maintain comprehensive proficiency with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and associated applications.