Director of Administration and Finance - United Kingdom, France
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is an international leader in the field of health care consulting for pharmaceutical companies and various agencies.
- It comprises a team of circa 150 highly-trained scientific consultants and staff who provide a wide range of evidence-based approaches, proprietary research services and healthcare economics and outcomes research services.
- Over the past few years, our company has significantly grown its global presence and capabilities through key mergers.
- The Director of Administration and Finance will report to the Chairman and the Board of Executives.
- The core areas of responsibility will include Accounting, Management Systems, Global Administration.
- The Director will be responsible for coordinating general support activities in the Group’s 7 global offices.
- This position ensures the successful provision of a wide range of internal support services to the Group on all general management-related issues.
- Management of Accounting services in 7 countries with assistance from the Internal Controller, local accounting staff and network of external accounting firms
- Responsible for Management Information Systems globally with assistance from the IT department, including our internal project management system
- General business administration and management including daily provision of an effective management in administration tasks, coordinating global infrastructures, local and global resources, vendors and external suppliers/ providing reports and support to senior management and staff
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting
- Good knowledge of management processes and systems
- Previous relevant experience (7-10 years) in business management/general administration roles
- Familiarity with best practice processes and experience in mentoring management through any instance where this may be appropriate
- Previous exposure to and understanding of consulting industry (highly advantageous)
- Demonstrated leadership applicable to the management of highly qualified team/s
- Ability to operate effectively at all levels within the Group, including in several countries
- Decision making ability based on balanced commercial reasoning
- Good commercial acumen and an understanding of company finances in order to support managers in resource and succession planning within agreed budgets
- Good working knowledge of relevant IT packages
- Positive attitude and results driven
- Flexibility and the ability to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines while delivering high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Fluency in English (other European languages and exposure to multi-cultural environments would be advantageous)
University Degree (Accounting/Business administration/ Management/Engineering or related).