Director, Medical Science Liaisons - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The primary responsibility of this position is to provide strategic leadership to the Sleep MSL team at our company. The Sleep MSL Director will ensure that the MSL team provides professional, field-based medical support to a range of functions within the company, including Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, and the Commercial organization.
- S/He will be responsible for optimizing deployment of the appropriate metrics for this team. Moreover, as part of the Medical Affairs Leadership Team, the Sleep MSL Director will also contribute to the development of this department’s vision, strategic direction, and implementation plan.
- Operationally, this position will be directly in charge of 7 MSLs whose activities span the US. The Sleep MSL Director will interpret and translate national strategies into the different MSL territories and then guide/assist the MSL team in developing and executing an opinion leader strategy in their individual territories. S/He will guide and assist the MSL team in coordinating opinion leader interactions within and across the regions and with internal stakeholders.
- S/He will define, clarify and manage the regional team priorities while promoting collaboration within the team and with customers.
- The MSL Director will appropriately deploy MSLs to respond to unsolicited questions while managing regional capacity.
- S/He will appropriately partner with the commercial field team to provide necessary and appropriate medical resources across the US.
- This position will ensure that all interactions and activities in the territories adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information.
- Manage and develop the MSL team including hiring, field training, evaluation, motivation and disciplinary activities in alignment with the company’s corporate strategies and objectives;
- Assess, manage, and train for the appropriate level and capabilities skill set of MSL to achieve business objectives;
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in specific therapeutic areas;
- Develop and maintain productive and appropriate relationships with individuals in other parts of our company’s Commercial and R&D organizations
- Manage T&E for direct reports
- MD, PharmD, or PhD degree, experience in Sleep Medicine/Neurology/Pulmonology preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience, including 3 years of proven successful managing experience. Experience managing a team of medical scientists’ preferred.
- Demonstrated acumen in presenting clinical and pre-clinical data to external audience and senior management required.
- Experience with strategic and tactical planning for marketed product preferred.
- Strong leadership, team building, negotiation and ability to execute.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Field-based position requiring up to 60% travel