At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in this pioneering adventure?
To help us meet our ambitions and provide the best solutions to patients, UCB is currently seeking a talented individual as the Director, Medical Communications for our Immunology Patient Value Unit (PVU) based at our US headquarters in suburban Atlanta, Georgia
A member of the US Immunology Medical Affairs team, the Head of Medical Communications is responsible for the timely development/delivery of accurate and fair-balanced scientific content to support scientific exchange activities with healthcare providers (HCPs) and other UCB customers, as required.
Critical responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Collects, analyzes and summarizes complex data to create scientifically accurate and fair-balanced content that communicates and educates audiences on complex medical and scientific concepts, treatment options, emerging standards of care, and competitive intelligence, as appropriate
- Ensures timely development and maintenance of materials for use by or training of the field-based MSL team (e.g., slide decks, FAQs, congress summaries, HEOR-related content)
- Responds to unsolicited requests for medical information from HCPs and also serves as a scientific resource for internal stakeholders
- Supports the development and maintenance of medical information response documents (i.e., SRLs, Medicaid Summaries, AMCP Formulary Dossiers) and Medical Education content
- Collaborates with the Medical Affairs team, including Medical Directors, Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs), Publications, and Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) to identify unmet needs, deliverables and timelines
- Participates in the planning and execution of congress activities (e.g., Medical Booth support, Congress Lead, Topic team lead, other.)
- Provides support for scientific training activities and collaborates with Commercial to deliver new-hire and advanced Sales training lectures
- Develops tables, charts, figures, and other display elements from internal and external clinical data and publications for use in deliverables
- Possesses and maintains a thorough knowledge of UCB products and the related therapeutic area, including disease states, co-morbid medical conditions, and other therapeutic options
- Responsible for leading high impact and visible departmental projects, as required
- Provides support on scientific and promotional review activities (with medical sign-off) in collaboration with Legal, Compliance, and Regulatory colleagues, as needed
- Assists in identifying areas of improvement in process/policy, develops recommendations/plans, and leads initiatives, as required
- Manages Medical Communication agencies
- Advanced scientific degree (PharmD, MD, or PhD) in Life Sciences
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Successful track record of team leadership.
- Previous MSL experience required
- Experience providing health economics and outcomes information to appropriately communicate with stakeholders involved in evidence-based healthcare decisions
- Relevant therapeutic and clinical experience preferred (Immunology) with strong knowledge of clinical therapeutics
- Excellent medical writing ability, and the ability to understand, analyze/interpret, and summarize highly complex scientific data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficient in the use of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Must be a strong team player and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative and accountability are required
- Ability to lead projects with limited supervision and strong prioritization and time management skills. Ability to deliver high-quality content in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, and ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in a positive, courteous, and professional manner
- Proven aptitude to learn quickly
- Business acumen with a basic understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare arena, including relevant regulations
- Available for overnight travel (approximately 20-30%)
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people living with severe disease.
With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive. Thinking holistically, working together, championing change, delivering impactful results…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Job Segment: Medical, Communications, Manager, Immunology, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Marketing, Management, Science