Director, Marketing Intelligence - United Kingdom
Purpose of the Position:
- Leads the overall development of Pan European Market Research efforts in oncology by using a high degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches in order to improve quality of data, shrink timelines, reduce costs and add value from an expert approach to Marketing Intelligence (MI).
- Promotes MI best practice by coaching MI staff both in the European Office and in the Affiliates Represents MI on global teams as appropriate
- Provides a high level of evidenced-based and forward-looking market and competitive insight that influences and supports key strategic decision-making for designated Brands.
- Provides forward looking insights in order to ensure superior understanding of the therapeutic market segments for designated brands on a Pan European basis with the aim of delivering major competitive advantage for Brands.
- Ensure Oncology Marketing Function(s) strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
Competencies | Experience
- Fosters a culture where everything is done to enhance value to patients.
- Intentional about meeting/exceeding customer expectations (internal/external).
- Leads the strategic planning process to drive breakthrough initiatives that support company’s strategy.
- Strategic thinking skills to create a robust business case, analyse commercial and business information and devise strategy.
- Comprehensive understanding of corporate strategy, business administration, F&A, R&D and manufacturing technologies.
Innovation & Change:
- Acts as ambassador for change; able to embrace/persuade to secure sponsorship, commitment and innovation.
- Demonstrates thought leadership and an environment able to generate and harness new ideas and/or ways of working.
- Strong leadership presence; drives business practices that transform and enable high-performance teams to deliver sustainable results.
- Sound judgment, objectivity and decision making skills; overcomes set-backs/challenges.
- Creates a culture of personal and corporate accountability, addresses non-compliance.
- Flexibility and mental agility necessary to analyze complex problems and develop sound recommendation to mitigate functional/ business risk.
- IT literate; able to utilize MS Office and virtual collaboration tools, database, compliance systems/applications, online knowledge repositories etc.
Communication & Collaboration:
- Creates common purpose: seeks ideas, input.
- Challenges and facilitates robust solutions.
- Establishes strong network with diverse people/functions in multi-disciplinary settings and regions (EMEA, Americas, Japan and Asia).
- Ability to secure commitment from senior sponsors (local/international) and stakeholders (i.e. projects, budgets and resources).
- Strong presentation, communication, influencing and mgmt. reporting skills (compliance, qualitative/quantitative updates, risks/corrective action etc.) for diverse internal and/or external audience.
Developing & Inspiring:
- Proactively develops talent, coaches and empowers for success.
- Anticipates future skills, deployment and strategic resource planning.
- Experienced in managing within global virtual and matrix organization (indirect and functional reporting).
Working with Us:
- Acts as an ambassador of ethics and compliance locally/internationally.
- Incorporates cross-cultural perspectives when addressing challenging situations.
- Respectful, natural coach. High integrity.
- Progressively more responsible and complex roles within the pharmaceutical industry inc. extensive experience in market research and analysis, competitive intelligence, clinical research, or strategic marketing International experience including supporting multiple Brands/therapeutic areas.
- Extensive experience in performing market and competitor analysis, modelling and forecasting, competitive intelligence, evaluating licensing opportunities, company analysis across whole product life cycle. Track-record of leading multi-year strategic planning process: strategic, organizational and problem-solving history to deliver sustained results.
- Experience in working in (global/virtual) cross functional teams
- Experience in managing outsourced market research
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, prioritization and managing key milestones, deliverables, resourcing, budgets etc.
- Proven healthcare compliance expertise ; to understand and comply with industry laws and regulations.
- Proven leadership and people management experience including commitment to develop, coach and enable high performance standards.
- Proven ability to influence diverse senior stakeholders.
- Fluent in written and verbal business English Educated to Degree level in the area of economics/statistics/IT/business studies or similar subject area.