- Fosters a culture where everything is done to enhance value to patients. Intentional about meeting/exceeding customer expectations (internal/external).
- Leads the strategic planning process to drive breakthrough initiatives that support Astellas’ strategy.
- Strategic thinking skills to create a robust business case, analyse commercial and business information and devise strategy.
- Comprehensive understanding of corporate strategy, business administration, F&A, R&D and manufacturing technologies.
Innovation & Change:
- Acts as ambassador for change; able to embrace/persuade to secure sponsorship, commitment and innovation.
- Demonstrates thought leadership and an environment able to generate and harness new ideas and/or ways of working.
- Strong leadership presence; drives business practices that transform and enable high-performance teams to deliver sustainable results.
- Sound judgment, objectivity and decision making skills; overcomes set-backs/challenges. Creates a culture of personal and corporate accountability, addresses non-compliance.
- Flexibility and mental agility necessary to analyze complex problems and develop sound recommendation to mitigate functional/ business risk.
- IT literate; able to utilize MS Office and virtual collaboration tools, database, compliance systems/applications, online knowledge repositories etc.
Communication & Collaboration:
- Creates common purpose: seeks ideas, input. Challenges and facilitates robust solutions.
- Establishes strong network with diverse people/functions in multi-disciplinary settings and regions (EMEA, Americas, Japan and Asia).
- Ability to secure commitment from senior sponsors (local/international) and stakeholders (i.e. projects, budgets and resources).
- Strong presentation, communication, influencing and mgmt. reporting skills (compliance, qualitative/quantitative updates, risks/corrective action etc.) for diverse internal and/or external audience.
Developing & Inspiring:
- Proactively develops talent, coaches and empowers for success. Anticipates future skills, deployment and strategic resource planning.
- Experienced in managing within global virtual and matrix organization (indirect and functional reporting).
Working as One Astellas:
- Acts as an ambassador of ethics and compliance locally/internationally. Incorporates cross-cultural perspectives when addressing challenging situations.
- Respectful, natural coach. High integrity.
- Progressively more responsible and complex roles within the pharmaceutical industry inc. extensive experience in market research and analysis, competitive intelligence, clinical research, or strategic marketing
- International experience including supporting multiple Brands/therapeutic areas.
- Extensive experience in performing market and competitor analysis, modelling and forecasting, competitive intelligence, evaluating licensing opportunities, company analysis across whole product life cycle.
- Track-record of leading multi-year strategic planning process: strategic, organizational and problem-solving history to deliver sustained results.
- Experience in working in (global/virtual) cross functional teams
- Experience in managing outsourced market research
- Excellent planning and organising skills, prioritisation and managing key milestones, deliverables, resourcing, budgets etc.
- Proven healthcare compliance expertise ; to understand and comply with industry laws and regulations.
- Proven leadership and people management experience including commitment to develop, coach and enable high performance standards.
- Proven ability to influence diverse senior stakeholders.
- Fluent in written and verbal business English
- Educated to Degree level in the area of economics/statistics/IT/business studies or similar subject area.