Director Marketing, EMEA, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases - Switzerland
- The Director of EMEA Marketing GED I&I is a member of the Global Franchise Marketing team and will represent the Europe, Middle East and Africa region in his/her respective area of responsibility and pro-actively contribute to the development of the EMEA I&I structure towards an integrated disease team organization.
- He/She will represent EMEA in the given disease area (inflammatory bowel disease) with both global and affiliate partners.
- The Director Marketing is a key contributor to the development and execution of the disease strategy and operational implementation within EMEA.
- This position requires close collaboration with Global teams, and other relevant functions such as Medical Affairs, Market Insights, Pricing & Market Access, Finance and Business Planning, Clinical Development and Regulatory.
- The Director Marketing establishes and maintains excellent partnership and relationships with the Global Franchise teams and affiliates.
- He/she shares accountability for country operational performance and provides strategic guidance aligned with Global and European strategy.
- strong marketing and Gastrointestinal
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) experience
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Is a key contributor to the development of a comprehensive business plan as part of the global franchise.
- Provides marketing expertise with a global mindset while ensuring the diversity of the EMEA markets is represented
- Within the integrated multi-functional I&I team – in close cooperation with the affiliates be a key driver of the creation of the EMEA strategic and operational plans, in full alignment with Global strategy
- Defines the current and future market evolution in the relevant disease area and partners as appropriate with affiliates
- In alignment with the Global I&I Marketing Team, assesses opportunities and risks, thus defining a disease plan to maximize the former and minimize the latter
- Closely collaborates with the Global Market Access team to oversee Market Access strategies across the region.
- Pro-actively supports countries as needed with local budget impact assessments
- Develops overview of EMEA countries & regions, mapping priorities depending on launch planning, access hurdles, level of affiliate need for support and commercial opportunities, aligned with other key functions such as Market Access and Medical Affairs
- Works in close cooperation with affiliates to develop financial forecasts for the current and future business: has an in depth knowledge of individual markets dynamics and provides the I&I Lead, and Senior Management both at Global/Regional level with the necessary information to make decisions and approve financial forecasts
- Establishes him/herself as a key member of the Global Franchise team based in Europe as well as a key partner to affiliates, sharing accountability with them, works closely with BUDs to run operational performance reviews with the aim to ensure commercial success.
- He/she is responsible for providing support and guidance to the I&I Marketing Team(s) and the affiliates.
- He/She has the courage to challenge as appropriate the affiliates’ disease strategy and integrated operational plans and is an active partner in identification of alternative routes.
- Takes on an active role in identification, providing a forum for learning and implementation of best practices.
- By mobilizing relevant resources helps affiliates in implementation of quick wins and customized solutions
- Is the key leader of new product and indication launches and as such oversees the tactical implementation by the launch teams
- Monitors the competitive environment and customer base to quickly identify and implement plan changes
- Develops and delivers presentations for management and internal and external audiences including the senior management.
- Actively participates in Congresses, Symposia, and Country visits.
- Provides leadership to team members (direct reports and marketing professionals across the region), including coaching, motivating, advising and developing team members.
- Plays an active role in people initiatives such as strategic workforce planning, talent acquisition, talent management and succession planning, leadership development, and engagement.
- Proven ability to build, lead, inspire, motivate & develop diverse and high performing teams in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, influence, with a strong focus on execution
- Effective communication at all times. Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and influential presentations.
- Proven ability to develop and lead internal and external collaborations
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills with high emotional intelligence.
- Excellent listener; inclusive, seeks broad input and feedback; frequent and effective feedback/follow-up
- Demonstrated strong initiative-taking, creativity and innovative thinking
- Strong project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and to effectively prioritize.
- Must be able to conceptualize and articulate a vision that energizes team members, all functional areas and stakeholders, including affiliates.
- Proven team player with ability to navigate cross functionally and perform within integrated teams
- With a strong global mindset, demonstrates the ability to build strong credibility and trusted relationships at all level of the organization (Global/Local) to effectively interact with them, providing direction, challenge and support whenever relevant.
- At least 10 years’ industry experience with deep insights into the I&I and specifically Inflammatory Bowel Disease space with sound Marketing and commercial expertise.
- Has an excellent understanding of science and clinical data.