Director (m/f) New Business UK/Ireland - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Are you looking to join a dynamic company where new challenges and opportunities are part of your every day work life?
- Then make our company your career choice!
- Our company is a leading service provider for the worldwide pharmaceutical industry in regulatory affairs, pharmacovigilance and development consulting.
- We are specialized in effectively designing all aspects of drug and medicinal product registrations – ranging from early development and market entry to product maintenance activities. The success of our company resides in the expert knowledge and high motivation of our employees.
- We are looking for motivated, committed candidates who will enjoy working independently within our successful team in a challenging environment. So, if your career is much more than just a job for you but rather your passion, then come and join our successful team as Director New Business UK/Ireland (m/f)
- The Director New Business is responsible for bringing in new business and developing long standing relationships for repeat business, while assisting our Value Delivering Center (VDC) Heads and Country Managers in developing and broadening the scope of the Group’s existing business in European territories.
- In this role you will be promoting the entire range of company services across all departments (e.g. Development Consulting & Scientific Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, and Quality & Compliance)
- Regionally, you will mainly focus on client companies having their global or European headquarter in the UK or Ireland
- You work closely with our operational departments to continually define customer needs, develop the value proposition and the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- You will be responsible for developing and executing an effective territory plan and annual sales strategic business plan
- You will leverage external and internal contact networks to acquire new business and identify new clients
- You will serve as a business representative at major industry events, conferences and trade shows and seek out information on market trends with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels
- You will provide forecasting for future sales and form sales plans to adapt to changes in the marketplace to ensure our company stays competitive as well as innovative
- More than seven years experience in the field of business development or sales in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally experience with selling services (Development Consulting & Scientific Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance and Quality & Compliance preferred, but not essential)
- Self and result driven initiative
- Ability to effectively network accounts and to identify and target key decision makers
- Excellent client presentation skill
- Diplomacy and understanding to respect the group’s operational relationships
- Experience calling on procurement and other high level professionals of client’s operational department
- Proactive attitude to prospecting and the tenacity to achieve and maintain a buoyant pipeline of appointments with new prospects
- Ability to build consensus and generate excitement and enthusiasm for new initiatives
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Native English is a precondition and foreign language skills a plus
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel