Director, Learning & Development - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company serves two primary industries in the medical field: clinical laboratories, by producing platforms and assays that test for a variety of diseases, conditions, and substances; and immunohematology, by providing the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood. With a history of more than 75 years, Our company is a pioneer in life-impacting advances in diagnostics.
- Worldwide across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs, our company’s high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. Our company has more than 4,200 employees serving customers in more than 120 countries.
- Our company is recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world.
- People who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help our company grow their leadership position in a changing marketplace.
- The power to reimagine starts with empowered people, who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before. Our company’s purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics.
- They do that by re imagining what’s possible. It’s what defines them.
- Our company's independence lends it an agility that helps it compete in the diagnostics space.
- Our company is currently the global market leader in immunohematology, and one of the top five global companies in the clinical labs space.
- Our company has a highly accomplished executive leadership team with extensive diagnostic experience and a strong heritage of driving market change and innovation.
- Our company’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer is Martin Madaus, who has nearly three decades of experience in the diagnostics and life science industries, and a consistent track record of growing businesses and helping customers deliver fast, accurate diagnostic results to health care professionals and their patients.
The Career Potential:
- Our company is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics.
- To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures.
- As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before.
- There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at our company.
- More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine.
- That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
- Responsible for all sales administrative and support functions including resources necessary to achieve sales plan.
- This job is not eligible for sales incentives/sales commissions.
- Responsibilities include creating a learning strategy to help ensure the building of employee skills to execute the company’s business objectives across US, Canada and Latin America.
- This person will be a strategic leader as well as a hands-on training and development specialist.
- Work with business leaders and managers across the business to identify skill gaps, training opportunities and develop/deliver training solutions.
- Determine changes and enhancements to current curriculum, what to develop in-house vs. purchase. Develop a programmatic structure and systematic approach to design and deliver training programs in support of the business objectives that emphasize active learning and appropriate instructional technologies.
- Drive ongoing learning needs analysis, design, scripting, development, assessment, implementation and evaluation of training materials to ensure alignment with business strategy.
- Design and deliver, both in house and with expert third parties, solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, experiential learning, distance learning and online learning. Manage relationships with external providers.
- Develop and manage a training budget.
Oversee the sales training function and the instructional integrity of training programs including the functions of needs assessments, development of performance objectives, selection of instructional, presentation and distribution methods, creation of support materials (i.e. instructor led training materials, leaders guide, participant guides, job aids, handouts, assessments), and the creation of measurement tools.
- Pro-actively interacts with sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales performance improvement and collaborates effectively with all other key functions. Work with sales and marketing management to understand needs as they relate to existing products, new products/indications, territory management, compliance training, sales process and sales tools for sales representatives.
- Develop Certification Pathways and deliver curricula to address key knowledge and skill gaps.
- Training is targeted to individual needs and is embedded in daily workflow.
- Effectiveness is measured.
- Responsibilities include the design and delivery of initial product training, sales training, leadership training and ad hoc sales training such as POA events.
- Partner with field sales management, brand management, HR and enabling function management to determine needs and develop efficient and effective solutions to include: methodology of learning, training processes, technical / knowledge management and measurement/training evaluation. Manage vendor training and delivery process.
- Direct contact to sales and marketing for training needs and evaluations.
- Also directly responsible for the strategy development, oversight and delivery of leadership development training.
- Perform other duties assigned. Work with procurement to ensure a systematic process for make vs buy decisions.
- Conduct thorough due diligence, select/deselect, and mange vendors based on total value delivered against strategic objectives.
- Lead and direct WW training dept and sales enablement function to develop three to five year departmental strategy for T&D/sales enablement to include POA, Skills and Development programs, curriculum. Ensure the Americas T&D team contains the right mix of high performers, business experience and Training expertise.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required; an advanced degree (MBA) is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years Sales/Marketing experience, at least 3 years of sales leadership experience and 5 years leading training function is required.
- Must have strong commercial acumen with the ability to make a significant contribution to performance and profitability.
- Strong selling and organizational leadership background with an exceptional understanding of sales, marketing and customer needs.
- Must have demonstrated ability to lead across functions, regions and franchises (matrix) at all levels of the organization.
- Direct people management experience is required.
- A track record leading complex and transformational projects with great levels of demonstrated success is required.
- Must have experience working in a team environment, providing leadership and mentoring for high performing team.
- Sales and/or Marketing knowledge of Healthcare environment and Medical Device & Diagnostics industry are preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in conducting training to end users and management preferably the Diagnostics, Life Sciences of Health related business.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in managing functional and technical training teams.
- Track record of creating corporate training programs and materials.
- Demonstrated experience in needs analysis and curriculum development.
- This role requires up to 35% travel. - English required and Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred.
- We are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing.
- Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making our company a place to grow your career.
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.