This job is currently Archived,
Director, IT Portfolio Management Waltham United States,
Posted on : 24 May 2017
- Our company is a leading global provider of products, services and solutions for the diagnostics, food, environmental, industrial, life sciences research and laboratory services markets. For example, our company supports the potentially life-saving screening of nearly 40 million newborn babies each year and manages hundreds of thousands of scientific instruments within our lab services business One-source.
- Our strategy is to develop and deliver innovative products, services and solutions in high-growth markets that utilize our knowledge and expertise to address customers critical needs and drive scientific breakthroughs.
- To execute on our strategy and accelerate revenue growth, we focus on broadening our offerings through both the acquisition of innovative technology and investment in research and development.
- Our company is optimizing their enterprise IT operations and project portfolio while transforming their business model.
- Our company is seeking an experienced, forward-thinking and strategic IT Portfolio Management Director.
- The new IT Portfolio Management Director will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining an IT Portfolio Management function that will support the selection and delivery of IT investments that drive growth, innovation, simplicity, and productivity across all of our company.
- The successful applicant will be proactive in learning the business drivers behind projects and the portfolio overall to better influence successful outcomes.
- IT Portfolio Management will be one of the critical functions to drive the transformation of IT at our company.
- This role will be responsible for designing and leading processes enabling IT investment decision-making, including IT Resource Analytics and IT Project Analytics as well as designing the standard global project intake and prioritization process.
- This leader will design, own and drive adoption of the enterprise-wide Agile-based project delivery and management methodology across all of company IT.
- The Portfolio Management Director will bring conflict resolution capabilities and analytical insights to bear on this process to ensure win-win solutions are developed for project resourcing, sequencing, transitioning and prioritization challenges that arise during the life-cycle of a project.
- As such, this role will interface with leaders across the company both inside and outside of IT.
Role and Responsibilities
- Plan, establish and maintain a comprehensive IT Portfolio Management function at our company.
- Design, Implement and Advise our company business executives on critical project portfolio metrics, including measures of business value and project performance in the context of an Agile project delivery methodology.
- Develop a reporting regime for the IT project portfolio for various audiences, including the most senior levels in the organization.
- Plan, establish and lead an IT Project Portfolio Management team that works closely with colleagues across IT and the business and includes resources with data analytics, methodology training, and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Establish and manage a cross-functional team to develop and maintain the comprehensive company Agile delivery methodology library including policies, procedures, and training materials.
- Oversee the design and implementation of a standard project intake process across the company, bringing to bear analytics and prioritization practices to enable strategic decision-making on IT investments in the company lines-of-business.
- Partner with IT managers to ensure the reliability and validity of data related to the IT project portfolio and IT resource utilization and capacity.
- Serve as application owner for systems that support IT Portfolio Management and IT Resource Management processes.
- Mentor Project Managers and Scrum Masters. Rapidly identify and support the remediation of skills gaps related to scoping, estimation, resource planning, technology, communication and change management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of the business value of technology and a commitment to driving business value with portfolio management processes.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with Agile Delivery Methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- Clear ability to communicate persuasively with senior executives up to the board level, both written and oral
- Strong conflict resolution, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to lead teams responsible for developing analytical insights
- Project and program delivery experience in a Life Sciences context
- Understanding of IT Finance and IT Finance processes such the development of Annual Operating Plans
- Experience leading globally distributed teams
- Ability to partner with business partners in a matrix environment to effectively align resources and leverage technologies
- Experience partnering with vendors and consultants
- Demonstrable knowledge, understanding, and capabilities via either previous work or certifications in:
- A Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Business, or related
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a global IT organization, preferably in a project / program management role.
- Previous experience in an IT organization across a diverse set of geographies and lines of business
- A minimum of 5 years of managing a team, preferably with an analytics or informatics function
- Hands-on delivery experience using an Agile delivery methodology (e.g., Scrum or Kanban)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Previous experience managing an IT portfolio management function
- An advanced degree (Master s or Doctorate) in Information Technology or a Masters in Business Administration.
Waltham MA US
Find a Job Find Candidates