Director, Inorganic Portfolio - United States, Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Portfolio Director is a key member of the Inorganic Business Unit senior leadership team and is responsible for driving the innovation and growth of one or more of Inorganic product lines.
- The Portfolio Director’s responsibilities include P&L accountability as well as leading a team of product managers and application specialists to build and deliver on product line strategy, growth and profitability expectations, across instruments, consumables and service.
- In addition to executing on product roadmaps, responsibilities include building yearly global Annual Operating Plans (AOP), revenue & margin forecasting, new product commercialization, annual pricing review, product line optimization, sales team training & engagement, customer problem resolution, and inventory and operations planning.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience driving innovation, developing and executing product commercialization road-maps for global markets, and working in a matrix organization to achieve P&L goals.
- The candidate would have worked across a combination of Strategy, Commercial, Product Management and Operations roles with proven success at delivering above market revenue and profitability growth.
- Towards that, he/she would have demonstrated ability to translate business goals into well-defined performance plans and projects for his/her organization and cross-functional partners, be results driven and shown urgency for achieving goals.
- Experience building OEM partnerships, driving productline acquisitions, integration and divestitures is desirable.
- Portfolio P&L ownership of one or more product lines across instruments, consumable & Service
- Set strategic direction and drive execution on PL product strategy, road-maps and margin improvement actions
- Leverage an in-depth understanding of customer needs to resolve customer product challenges
- Continue to develop and grow our strong base of existing customers by further penetrating existing customers with new products or reposition existing products and capabilities
- Lead and maintain the relationship with partners for the development of a consistent growth portfolio
- Lead the Buy, Build or Partner decision process for each component of the portfolio as required
- Identify market and competitive trends that are impacting product portfolio sales revenue through revenue analysis, input from commercial Applications, Sales & Marketing teams, peer network and market reports
- Together with the field Product Leaders, own marketing awareness and lead generation strategy and execution
- Cross functional execution on financial targets, quality and margin improvement initiatives
- Assess business to implement recovery plans and execution on near term opportunities
- Drive continuous improvement processes cross functionally for new product commercialization to shorten time to product availability
- Lead Product Management and Applications Specialists to deliver on product life cycle management profitability goals.
- Maintains a high performing team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training top talent
- Develop global product pricing and global product discounting strategies to grow or maintain market position
- Graduate degree in a scientific discipline. MBA is highly desirable.
- Proven business leadership skills with 10+ years between Product Management, Strategy, Commercial or Operation roles, preferably in analytical instruments and consumables, although adjacent markets will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic plans that meet business and customer needs
- Successful track record leading a product portfolio unit within a high growth organization
- Strong business acumen, analytical, decision making and influencing skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, an absolute must; formal presentation skills a definite plus.
- Must be able to accomplish results in a cross-functional team environment, exhibiting formal and informal leadership skills, strong goal / results orientation and strong communication skills