Director, Healthcare Ethics and Compliance - Switzerland
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Healthcare Ethics and Compliance in our Zurich office.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 31,000 professionals working together across 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our 235-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
The Director, Healthcare Ethics and Compliance will be a member of the Global Ethics and Compliance function which is accountable for the development and implementation of a comprehensive Ethics and Compliance Program across Takeda.
The Director, Healthcare Ethics and Compliance will report to the Head of Global Ethics and Compliance Operations and will drive the development and implementation of Takeda’s Compliance Toolkit of Policies and SOPs related to interactions with healthcare professionals and healthcare entities/ patients and patient organizations and other healthcare compliance topics, as well as ensuring the provision of related training content and subject matter expertise. As a key interface for the Ethics and Compliance function, the Director, Healthcare Ethics and Compliance will be a key contributor to the development of the global monitoring program and will collaborate and work closely with global/regional/local Ethics and Compliance personnel and other stakeholders on healthcare ethics and compliance-related topics.
• Proactively identify emerging regulatory issues, developments in industry practices and standards, and Compliance risk trends and design appropriate policies and procedures to ensure continuing relevance of the Global Compliance Program.
• Determine the potential impact on Takeda business and identify potential areas of compliance risk to ensure policy/procedure and/or enhancements are developed and implemented in order to effectively manage identified risk areas
• Develop, initiate, maintain and revise simple, straight-forward and practical policies and procedures for the operation of Global Compliance Program
• Provide guidance on the Global Compliance Policy/SOP architecture, ensuring sufficient oversight and elaboration of consistent standards at Global level, while assuring an appropriate level of empowerment at Regional/LOC level to adapt or develop policies and SOPs where necessary
• Ensure identification, engagement and management of relevant stakeholders across the Takeda organization during the development of policies and SOPs
• Work closely with the business to provide advice on appropriate business-level controls necessary to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct
• Act as a subject matter expert and ensure development of a database of Frequently Asked Questions, providing answers and guidance on healthcare compliance-related topics
• Work with the Regional/LOC Ethics and Compliance Officers, as appropriate, to implement Global policies and procedures
• Provide healthcare compliance subject matter expertise in the development of appropriate systems and working tools to support the Compliance Program requirements
• Provide relevant input to raise awareness of Ethics and Compliance-related topics
• Prepare Ethics and Compliance-related reports and presentations and other communications for employees and senior management.
• University degree (or equivalent), preferably in Law or Policy
• 6-9 years of professional experience (of which minimum 5 years in the life sciences industry)
• Experience working in Global and/or cross regional roles (required)
• Previous management experience required
• Experience with defining healthcare compliance policies and developing standard operating procedures (required)
• Experience with the development and delivery of training programs (preferred)
• Background in law or policy
• Strong ability to influence without authority
• Good knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
• Familiarity with healthcare laws, regulations, standards and industry Codes and knowledge of key Compliance concepts and their application to the pharmaceutical industry
• Detail-oriented and demonstrating a hands-on work ethic
• Ability to think strategically and creatively
• Ability to work successfully in multi-functional, multi-cultural and virtual teams
• Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization and to influence stakeholders across diverse situations
• Pro-active with superior execution capability
• Solutions-orientation and practical mindset
• Demonstrates unquestionable integrity and professionalism
• Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Fluent written and spoken English (other languages highly desirable)