Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research - United States
- The Director of HEOR will support health economic and outcomes research activities in support of products within company's sleep portfolio.
- The Director will report to and work closely with the Senior Director of HEOR to design and implement studies that are aligned with the data generation strategy for each brand.
- Understand HEOR strategy and develop HEOR strategic approaches for products in different stages of development.
- Work closely with US and EU company teams to develop strategies specific to their respective payers and stakeholders.
- Design, implement, and manage outcomes research projects, including but not limited to retrospective database analyses, economic models, chart reviews etc.
- Conduct literature searches and systematic literature reviews.
- Develop analysis plans (e.g., for claims database analyses) in collaboration with a statistician.
- Conduct economic analyses and/or conduct detailed reviews of existing analyses.
- Work with clinical development teams to identify appropriate trial endpoints.
- Support development and revision of AMCP dossiers.
- Manage relationships with vendors to ensure timely completion of high quality projects.
- Communicate study plans, study methods and results to internal teams.
- Present health outcomes research findings at scientific congresses and participate in the development and writing of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory guidelines governing commercial and scientific interactions with healthcare professionals, payers, advocacy and other business partners.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and ensure continuous and consistent communication with key internal partners on HEOR projects.
- Represent HEOR on cross-functional internal teams.
- Remain current on HEOR data sources and analytic methods.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 5 years of HEOR experience in the pharmaceutical or related industries (e.g., consulting).
- Experience with HEOR strategy and implementation in US, EU and RoW markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, including in-depth knowledge of health economic modeling, PROs and claims database analysis methodologies.
- Experience in managing multiple projects across a variety of health outcomes methodologies and therapeutic areas.
- Solid understanding of epidemiology and biostatistics.
- Proficiency with Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% time.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Advanced degree related to health economics and/or health outcomes research (MS, MPH, PhD, PharmD)
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.