This job is currently Archived,
Director Health Economics & Outcomes Research Copenhagen Denmark,
Posted on : 12 June 2017
- An exciting position as global Director HEOR is now available in the company Medical Affairs organization in R&D.
- The position is placed within the newly established department of Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) and Real World Evidence (RWE).
- The department plans and undertakes HEOR & RWE studies and develops tools (e.g. economic models) to support the development, regulatory approval and market access for company products and ensure these are made available to benefit patients with psychiatric and neurological conditions.
- With more than 70 years in neuroscience our company has a truly outstanding expertise in developing and marketing treatments in Psychiatry and Neurology and has global presence in more than 50 countries with competencies and activities throughout the entire value chain.
Your job and key responsibilities
- As Director HEOR, you are responsible for developing and executing the health economic and outcomes research strategy for products within our focus disease areas, Depression, Schizophrenia, Alzheimer s Disease and Parkinson s Disease.
- You lead a team of HEOR specialists towards succeeding with their projects and you are a key member of our cross-functional Global Product Teams (GPTs) and/or other strategic groups and work in close coordination with leads from Market Access and other disciplines at both HQ and affiliate level.
Further responsibilities are:
- Drive methodological innovation and provide strategic and technical guidance in development of product positioning within the relevant therapy areas from an health technology assessment /reimbursement perspective
- Engage in the design of clinical studies to support differentiation aspects/payer perspective
- Drive scope/design of real-life studies to support payer data generation and cost effectiveness argumentation
- Lead the development of cost-effectiveness models and budget impact analyses
Our preferred candidate will possess the following competences:
Education and experience:
- Minimum of 8 years of proven professional experience in HEOR at a pharmaceutical company at the global or a regional level, at a specialized consultancy, research institute or equivalent
- Advanced degree (MSc, MPh, MD or PhD) with specialization in health economics or related field
- Proven academic track record in terms of peer-reviewed publications
- Experience in central nervous system (CNS) disorders, preferably in our focus disease areas Depression, Schizophrenia, Alzheimer s and Parkinson s
- Deep understanding of health economic and clinical research methodologies, including economic modelling, cost-of-illness studies, patient-reported outcome (PRO) instrument development and validation, retrospective and prospective data generation activities, clinical trial methodologies, meta-analysis and relative effectiveness assessments and all other ingredients of an optimal value proposition and professional HTA / pricing & reimbursement submissions
- Personality and work habits:
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills enabling endorsement of strategy and evidence generation plans
- Thought leadership and source of inspiration for direct reports and co-workers
- Customer-centric approach, being able to understand customer needs and deliver value adding outcomes with high quality, on time and in a resource efficient manner
- Proactivity proposing creative, practical and scientifically solid solutions for complex problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate complex data into relevant and compelling information for internal and external customers
- Fluent level of English (written and verbal)
- Our company is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience.
- Our key areas of focus are depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
- An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with psychiatric and neurological disorders and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences.
- Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders we call this Progress in Mind.
- Our approximately 5,300 employees in 55 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales.
- Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries.
Region Hovedstaden Valby
Find a Job Find Candidates