Director - GTO S&V COE Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The incumbent will be the group leader/manager of a group of 4-8 Process Science and Analytical Subject Matter Experts. A Process Science Subject Matter Expert is the designated expert in one or more subject areas of vaccine/large molecule process science. Areas of vaccine/large molecule process science include virology, cell culture, protein chemistry/folding, reaction chemistry for biologics, upstream processing, downstream processing/separations. The position resides within a Technical Operations ‘Center of Excellence’ and supports all vaccine manufacturing operations within the Merck Manufacturing Division.
This incumbent is expected to lead a team that will serve as the leading scientific expertise for their designated subjects, providing guidance, recommendations and judgment for strategic technical issues and decisions.
The incumbent and his/her team will be responsible to:
- Stay abreast of scientific developments and trends in their designated subject areas and participate in external industry/regulatory forums in order to maintain an industry-leading level of subject proficiency
- Provide technical/scientific guidance and oversight to project teams that are doing process changes, process improvements or technology transfers to ensure scientific rigor
- Provide technical/scientific guidance to major investigations related to their area of expertise, for example, investigations related to yield declines or stability trends
- Establish company “best practices” and standards where appropriate as relate to their area of expertise
- Develop recommendations and options for process and analytical improvements
- Required: Bachelor of Science or equivalent in a technical or scientific discipline such as Biology, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Preferred: PhD or advanced degree with specialization in a subject pertinent to vaccine/large molecule manufacture
- Experience with commercial processes for vaccines/large molecules is required, either in development or in technical support.
- For candidates holding a BS or equivalent, a minimum of 8 years in their subject area is required.
- For candidates holding a PhD, a minimum of 4 years in their subject area is required.
- Experience with staff management and project team management is required.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate a solid understanding and respect for scientific method and scientific decision-making.
- Experience with formal study design and statistical analysis
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Chemical Engineering
Job Title:Dir, Engineering
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Law, Manager, Engineer, Statistics, Scientific, Legal, Management, Engineering, Data