Director, Global Vaccines Strategy Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Global Vaccines Strategy Director is a key role in the development of the Global Vaccines strategy to frame strategic choices and deliver projects which will grow the business in a profitable manner. The role spans two broad areas: strategy development and strategy delivery/realization. The incumbent must work in a highly influential environment to ensure integrated delivery of the strategy through the existing cross-divisional governance. This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Executive Director, Global Vaccines Strategy.
- Support the Merck Vaccines Integrated Leadership Team (MVILT) in the creation of a long term, global, cross-divisional strategy for Merck vaccines. Work in an aligned manner) to ensure alignment of projects and priorities and to drive delivery of long term strategic projects.
- Lead appropriate analysis and development of content together with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate strategic choices and develop recommendations. Perform systematic and comprehensive external scans of the global healthcare industry including: competition, customers, and industry trends, and then translate these trends into strategic choices.
- Build and grow commercial and strategic analytics for the vaccines organization in a way targeted to improve strategic alignment, growth and efficiency.
- Lead detailed design and planning to enable execution and realization of selected strategic projects and lead periodic updates on progress of strategic workstreams.
- Ensure business planning processes are aligned to drive the execution of the strategic plan.
- Engage key stakeholders to define and create plans to address key strategy issues. Collaborate across the company with other teams (Global Competitive Intelligence, Business Development, Corporate Strategy, etc.) to develop a network of subject matter experts and data sources to contribute to projects and analyses in support of driving operating income growth for Merck Vaccines.
- Lead executive-level presentations of strategy recommendations to appropriate senior management
- Required: BS degree
- Preferred: MBA
- Minimum of (10) years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Must have extensive experience with the planning and execution of complex strategies and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to apply persuasive written and visual communications skills in a variety of settings - management presentations, one on one or group meetings
- Demonstrated experience to identify, define and persuade others’ understanding of underappreciated business trends and opportunities
- Demonstrated strong cross-functional team leadership abilities and experience
- Vaccines experience
- Global Healthcare system knowledge, including the nature of business interactions between payers, pharmacies, regulators, physicians, plan members and health care consumers
- Strategy consulting experience or related corporate experience
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and delivery on strategic programs.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Strategic Planning
Job Title:Dir, Strategic Planning
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Manager, Consulting, Pharmaceutical, Business Development, Strategic Planning, Management, Technology, Science, Sales, Strategy