Director, Global Supply Planning Summit United States,
celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical Innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human Health. we value our passion for patients, quest for Innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. with a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Director, global supply planning
celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical Innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human Health. we value our passion for patients, quest for Innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. with a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
this summit, nj based position will lead global supply planning Operations for biologics and/or new products. the incumbent will be accountable for defining and implementing planning strategies and plans to achieve optimal production plans and inventory policies for internal and external end-to-end commercial supply networks. this role will develop and drive the execution of global supply plans to maximize Customer Service levels, Manufacturing efficiencies, financial strategies, capacity utilization, and inventory investment for celgene biologics and/or new products. this position is also accountable for establishing supply planning processes, building organization capabilities, and fostering high team performance.
1. duties and responsibilities
responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- accountable for leading, developing, and managing staff responsible for global supply planning, Analytics, and reporting
- actively manage global supply plans to ensure supply continuity for finished goods, semi-finished goods, Drug substance/api and GMP starting materials for biologics and/or new products
- maintain intimate knowledge of celgene products, processes, Manufacturing, and cold-chain distribution capabilities for biologics and/or new products
- develop global supply plans that meet Regulatory Compliance (e.g. tor), Sourcing agreements, budget, Finance/tax strategies, launch goals, inventory policies, and global supply strategies
- responsible for data collection, Analytics, and interpretation to support supply scenarios, inventory projections, and global s&op processes
- participation and full engagement on cross-functional teams related to product technical Commercialization, launch readiness, supply risk Mitigation, lifecycle Strategy
- develop, implement and continuously improve supply planning processes, standard work practices and systems/tools
- work in close partnership and collaboration with Demand Planning, global Manufacturing, strategic Sourcing, global Logistics, Clinical supply and corporate functions to understand supply demand requirements, supply parameters and constraints and to develop integrated & achievable supply plans
- lead and facilitate cross-functional supply planning meetings on a regular cadence (at a minimum, monthly) for product, region and/or global plans. drive decision making, resolve conflicts, and negotiate trade-offs, and mitigate risks. escalate issues, relating to supply and inventory versus demand & budget, in a timely manner
- analyze and balance supply global resources (e.g. capacity, material availability, scheduling and manpower) using mrp to determine production requirements and achievable supply plans to meet demand and corporate targets
- develop, publish, monitor and adjust global production plans for Drug substance, drug product and finished goods, considering demand from all sources (e.g. commercial, samples, Clinical, supplier managed inventories, stocking programs, etc.)
- lead processes to statistically define inventory policies to achieve target service levels
- implement optimal inventory policies globally; monitor safety stock & Sourcing compliance; report actual vs. target (at a minimum, monthly); and identify & resolve sources of variability
- proactively minimize the risk of inventory write-off due to, but not limited to, label or process changes, Sourcing changes, quality issues, launch or regulatory delays
- proactively identify supply issues that may impact supply, inventory, service levels, plan attainment, plan volatility and/or other key performance indicators
- create planning models and/or use advanced planning tools to run what-if Simulations to assess supply plan options and inventory projections for a variety of scenarios
- lead product supply chain flow process for assigned products
- provide robust, accurate and timely data & Analytics for operational and product decision support
- transparent, timely, clear, and data/fact-based Communication
2. experience / specific job-related skills required
- minimum educational requirement is bs/ba with an advanced degree in supply chain, technology/Sciences or business
- minimum of 10 years Supply Chain Management experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- apics certification desirable
- lean/Six Sigma Training or certification desirable
- biologics Manufacturing or biologics supply chain experience strongly preferred
- planning experience for cold chain and cryogenic materials
- hands on experience in site scheduling/production planning, Inventory Management, strategic Sourcing, regional planning, and global product planning
- experience in long-range product supply planning
- working knowledge of Manufacturing Operations and Manufacturing key performance indicators
- working knowledge of international biologics Licensing requirements, GMP regulations and Quality Systems
- prior experience in s&op and new product launches
- hands-on experience in using erp systems (e.g. oracle, SAP) for product planning including mrp, constraint-based planning, Simulations, Sales & ops reporting tools, etc.
- familiarity with Business Intelligence and reporting tools including business objects or similar tools required
- knowledge of product cost of goods management and corresponding budgetary impact
- demonstrated ability to manage complex projects using tools such as gantt charts, critical path Analysis, risk Mitigation strategies and Project Management Software.
- must possess highly developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- must possess excellent written & oral Communication and executive presentation skills,
- demonstrated experience in collaboration and influencing skills.
- demonstrated strong Leadership skills and ability to build & maintain effective work relationships
- excellent people management, Performance Management and Change Management skills
- experience managing global, multicultural and virtual staff
- flexible, adaptable and hands-on approach necessary.
- strong team player with high level of Energy and enthusiasm.
- ability to work independently with internal and external groups on multiple simultaneous projects.
- willing to travel ~30% domestically and internationally
#li-postcelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility Verification requirements of the immigration and nationality act. all applicants must have authorization to work for celgene in the u.s.
Find a Job Find Candidates