Director, Global Procurement Process and OE - United States
Charles River (company)
Responsible for the successful delivery of process transformation, change management to provide the global Procurement organization and the company streamlined and efficient processes that meet all compliance requirements and drive breakthrough performance in delivering the optimum value. Directly involved in acquisition integrations through the efficient use of standardized process maps. A deep understanding of global procurement operations and business challenges coupled with the ability to translate them into solutions is critical. This role will work closely with Senior Procurement Leaders in establishing priorities and delivering continuous improvement results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and optimize process (and maps) with procurement and business
- Provide leadership across procurement in operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Execute Continuous Improvement projects to support Strategic Sourcing business objectives and goals.
- Develop and implement harmonized processes and standards across the global organization to enable efficiencies, effective controls and Company-wide spend management.
- Work with other members of the Procurement and Finance Leadership teams to develop and implement P2P initiatives to reduce transaction costs, consolidate volume and create efficiency.
- Maintain alignment with Procurement Leadership and the IT organization to ensure process is linked to appropriate technology solutions
- Quickly develop a knowledge of all company procurement systems, processes and critical data elements and standards
- Knowledge of Company procurement strategies for project alignment
- Conduct current state process assessments to identify gaps to standard model
- Develop and implement gap resolution and implementation plans
- Develop and update training material as required
- Execute implementation plans to deliver quality results within defined timelines
- Knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement principles, e.g. Lean and 6 Sigma
- Support users with post implementation procedural or system issues
- Improve Procure to Pay process.
- Lead and manage interactions with key stakeholders
- Solve complex problems in which analysis of data or situations require in-depth evaluation
- Directly contribute to the Procurement cost savings goal through process efficiency
- Collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to realize procurement goals and objectives.
- Implement processes, policies and guidelines to ensure internal and external compliance
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a related discipline. MBA preferred.
- Experience: 10 years related experience, preferably in a life sciences company and/or multinational corporation.
- Experience with a consulting firm working on operations, supply chain, procurement, and continuous improvement engagements.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: 6 Sigma Black Belt a plus.
- Other: Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal, analytical, presentation, influencing and negotiation skills required. Must possess in-depth knowledge of complex pricing arrangements and supplier profitability.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet