Director, Global Marketing, Swine - Merck Animal Health Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The function on Global Marketing Director Swine is part of the Global Swine Marketing Unit and reports to the Global Swine Lead. This unit sets the strategic direction for the Swine Business Worldwide and must also ensure alignment with this strategy with all functions within the organization. This position, Global Marketing Director, Swine will be based in Madison, New Jersey, USA.
The Global Marketing Director is primarily responsible for:
- Develop deployment plan specifically for launches and support of products and devices. Ensure Global Marketing readiness for new product launches at least 3 years before launch including trademarks, etc. Execute those plans precisely and measure success against those plans
- Determine, align and implement the strategic direction of delegated Swine portfolio for the next 5-10 years.
- Guide R&D to determine which R&D projects should be developed and prioritized and make sure they are aligned with our customer needs
- Strategic long-visionary thinking of Swine portfolio offerings by MAH.
- Create short to long-term business strategy across portfolio and be responsible for including shaping the portfolio and services once addressing future needs and today's revenues generation.
- Communicate the strategies appropriately and efficiently with the Regions and Commercial operations stakeholders. Communicate the strategies appropriately and efficiently to all other internal stakeholders including AH Leadership, R&D, MMD.
- Life Cycle Management and their coordination with Global TS Directors related to the key Swine Brands within delegated Swine portfolio
- Portfolio management across delegated Swine portfolio assets. Including analysis of gross-margins optimization, supply improvements, rationalization, diversification and business development opportunities
- Identifying marketing training needs and developing programs to address gaps in local markets.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in Marketing and/or Sales
- Strong Marketing and Strategic Business Thinking Capabilities
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work with different sources of information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including intercultural, interpersonal and general communication with a natural ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to create, nurture, and drive a collaborative team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, namely Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Project management experience
- Animal Health and/or swine background
- Experience in a global or regional role
- Product launch experience
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Global Marketing
Job Title:Dir, Global Marketing
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Madison
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Medical, Animal Health, Manager, Business Development, Healthcare, Marketing, Veterinary, Management, Sales