Director, Global Marketing Pneumococcal Vaccine Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are currently recruiting for a global marketing director to lead scientific and market development planning for a pneumococcal vaccine. The pneumococcal market is the largest and has been one of the fastest growing vaccine markets. Merck has the leading pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine and has a pneumoconjugate vaccine in development.
Reporting to the Vaccine New Product Leader, the Director will provide commercial input to development and lifecycle planning, as well as market development and launch planning. The position is based in Upper Gwynedd, PA.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead development of customer and external scientific insights to guide commercial planning
- Develop and provide commercial input for development/lifecycle planning, working effectively with Research and Manufacturing teams.
- Partner with Research, Manufacturing, and Outcomes Research teams to provide input on commercial needs, identifying creative solutions that both address scientific/manufacturing challenges, and optimize commercial success
- Develop and execute market development plans including scientific platform development, publication plans, Advisory Board and scientific leader engagement, etc.
- Develop pre-launch and launch plans with emphasis on specific customer and key regional channels
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA
- Minimum of ten (10) year’s pharmaceutical/vaccines business experience.
- Intellectual curiosity about all aspects of our customers and business with a strong desire to persist in finding opportunities to maximize our business
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead scientific strategies for brands
- Demonstrated ability to seamlessly work with data (financial, epidemiology, etc.) to identify alternative approaches, weigh tradeoffs, and build logical/persuasive arguments for recommended option
- Ability to quickly learn and flexibility to adapt new information into recommended strategies
- Capability to not only recommend strategy, but importantly to communicate logical rationale for selection of recommendation vis a vis viable alternatives
- High aptitude for innovation and strategic thinking
- Entrepreneurial mindset focused on achieving goals in rapid and cost efficient manner
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in market development and commercial launch planning
- Experience in broad range of commercial roles (science point, physician promotion point, strategy point, etc.)
- Vaccine market experience and global cultural awareness with ability to anticipate market trends and make recommendations that reflect where the market will be at launch
- Experience interfacing with R&D, manufacturing, and/or regulatory
- New product market development/launch experience
- Knowledge of pneumococcal vaccine market
- Experience working with pneumococcal scientific leaders
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Global Marketing
Job Title:Dir, Global Marketing
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Epidemiology, Public Health, Manager, Marketing MBA, Healthcare, Management, Marketing