Director Global Marketing, Oncology GU Tumors Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels
innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its
125-year legacy. With a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines,
vaccines and animal health products, Merck’s success is backed by ethical
integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones
in global healthcare.
Merck’s Oncology division is dedicated to delivering
breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients
worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this
through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine,
providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and
payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At Merck,
our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate
breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer
across the globe.
We are currently recruiting for a Global Marketing Director for Genitourinary Cancers for Merck’s PD-1 program. The product is currently approved for use in the treatment of advanced melanoma however additional indications are being sought. The position will be based in Kenilworth, NJ
This position will require outstanding leadership in Product Management. This experienced marketer’s role will initially focus on the scientific engagement strategy for the GU Cancer indications (Bladder, RCC and Prostate cancers).
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Preparing the global market for the introduction of this new product
- Advisory board development and management
- Thought Leader engagement
- Exhibits & Conventions Planning and Execution
- Interactive Marketing
- Medical Education Strategy & Tactical execution
- Medical and HEOR Publication Planning
- Scientific platform development & tactical execution
- Patient engagement strategy and tactical execution
- Organized customer engagement strategy and tactical execution
- Demonstrated ability to work to solutions within complex organizations and markets and leading sub teams in support of key marketing strategy areas.
- Effective cross-functional leader with proven ability to create brand plans that generate both revenue and operating income. Work effectively with cross-functional partners including research and development, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, manufacturing, HEOR, BD&L, market analytics, field sales organization, international and domestic operations, legal, scientific communications, professional education, training and development, health care compliance, etc.
- Successfully navigate the internal and external environments and deliver value to our customers. Provides commercial input on such activities including product development team, target product profile development, global regulatory filing strategy, launch readiness reviews, organized customer interactions, market research, competitive intelligence, demand, revenue forecasts, BD&L activities, and agency partner management.
- Responsible for maximizing physician acceptance, market penetration, profitability, and new indication launch uptake. Provides leadership, support, and expertise to country marketing and sales organizations as well as distribution channels for the product line.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred : MBA or PhD
- Minimum of (8) years Pharmaceutical Business experience
- Minimum of (1) years Oncology experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience in development of disease state and product strategy, product positioning, and brand marketing.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with collaboration, influencing without authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
- 20-25% Travel, including some weekends
- Sales or Global Marketing experience
- Product/Indication Launch experience
- GU cancers and with scientific leaders in this area
Your role at Merck is
integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to
come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make
meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re
inventing for life.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Global Marketing ONC
Job Title:Dir, Global Marketing
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Oncology, Medical, Manager, Marketing MBA, Healthcare, Management, Marketing