Director, Global HR Operations & Systems - United States
The Director will be responsible for leading and developing the Global HR Operations & Systems function within the HR Service Delivery (HRSD) organization. The Director will serve as a solutions champion for the HRSD organization and will provide technical leadership and project management oversite to the team to ensure successful execution of projects, HR systems, and processes improvements.
The Director will lead and own the HR business architecture by designing and/or developing best practice business changes through technology solutions. This individual will be responsible for mastering and maintaining detailed knowledge and understanding of all SuccessFactors modules as well as of the integration between SuccessFactors and SAP and downstream interfaces. The Director will and will have responsibilities for all HR systems and applications and will directly influence the strategy and vision of the application roadmap.
Project Management Execution:
Develop and lead a sustainable project management methodology and governance/reporting process for HRSD projects, while incorporating the corporate SLDC methodologies and resource forecasting. Provide leadership and guidance to other HRSD team members in the development and execution of project plans and initiatives.
- Actively lead the HR Service Delivery project portfolio while partnering with IT and key business stakeholders to evaluate, prioritize, optimize and oversee project efforts.
- Develop/enhance project status tracking and reporting while and maintain project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs, and other project related artifacts
- Oversee project tracking and governance for HRSD projects and initiatives
- Effectively support the HRSD team as both member and leader. The success of HR Service Delivery is based on a highly collaborative model which requires working across technical lines.
- Exude teamwork, and demonstrate influence and leadership with colleagues both inside and outside the HRSD team.
HR Operations and Systems:
Lead the HR systems landscape strategy and execution while providing guidance to and managing the activities of the HR application leads to solution existing production issues, identify and implement process changes that support continuous improvement for the suite of HR Applications.
- Leverage expertise with and knowledge of systems such as SAP, SuccessFactors, Kronos, and ServiceNow to identify opportunities and propose implementation of advanced features to drive additional business benefit and solution systemic issues.
- Maintain supporting documentation which captures the data elements maintained in each system/application as well as the HR data elements being distributed to downstream systems and users via the HR applications.
- Develop and manage the SuccessFactors quarterly release strategy
- Negotiate compromises that meet business needs within the confines of delivered configurable SaaS solutions with minimal customization.
- Design, document, and implement functionality in HR systems that accurately reflects internal customer requirements and supports business operations.
- Work closely with IT colleagues to ensure all upstream and downstream integrations work effectively, including appropriate support for design and testing of new or changed integrations.
- Work collaboratively to troubleshoot research and escalate issues as necessary, proactively keeping end-users aware of status and taking responsibility for ensuring that outstanding issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure services are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements related to recordkeeping and reporting.
- Prepare and perform presentations on system processes, enhancements and strategies to peers and executive management.
- 10+ years’ experience managing HR systems and Operations
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading HR transformation or HR project efforts.
- Experience with SAP and SuccessFactors suite is strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge and experience defining project scope, team building, and understand functional/technical specifications
- Strong knowledge and experience of Change management and regulatory compliance requirements impacting IT and HR - including, SOX, Data Privacy, and Business Continuity planning
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to mentor and motivate many kinds of direct or indirect reports, teams and/ or project members
- Excellent written communication skills including proper grammar and correct sentence structure to document cases in the case management system and communicate with customers and employees via email
- Ability to work with different cross-functional stakeholders to establish and ensure a reliable and productive working relationship
- Exceptional customer focus and service orientation
- Drive for high quality and ability to collaborate with other stakeholders to achieve high Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direct supervision
- Strong analytical and problem solving capability
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
New Haven, CT, United States
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Alexion developed and commercializes Soliris® (eculizumab), the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders. As the global leader in complement inhibition, Alexion is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders. Alexion’s metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, Strensiq® (asfotase alfa) to treat patients with hypophosphatasia (HPP) and Kanuma™ (sebelipase alfa) to treat patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative action employer