Our company Corporate Affairs & Government Relations team, seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Director of Global Advocacy.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements an Advocacy Relations strategy across key therapeutic areas that is prioritized and managed for the long term, focuses on improving patient outcomes, identifying unmet needs, public policy areas of mutual interest and is aligned with company's business objectives.
- Familiar with regulatory codes (global, regional, national IFPMA, EFPIA) and guiding principles for working with and engaging all third-party stakeholder organizations to ensure legal compliance training and standards are met.
- Pro-actively advances prioritized collaborative alliances with patient, advocacy and health care provider organizations in support of company's health policy agenda.
- Leads routine engagement with advocacy organizations and other stakeholders, including identifying and developing an understanding of their health policy positions and goals, and exploring opportunities to align with company's business strategies and plans for key milestones.
- Establishes leadership in relationship management with all relevant stakeholders; creates a core competence within the company in relationship management; builds effective external relationships and capitalizes on opportunities to shape the external business environment; effectively positions of our company as a pharmaceutical partner of choice among collaborators.
- Identifies and leads an integrated set of initiatives aligned to improve the patient and community experience with company therapies and their associated disease states: hematology/oncology and sleep.
- Assess and represent our company at global, national and regional congresses and prepares other company leaders to do so as well.
- Advances the company patient advocacy strategy by incorporating key local community insights.
- Monitors for trends and opportunities and provides insights back to the business to further inform strategic priorities.
- Manages across the Corporate Affairs team to ensure alignment on decision-making, resource allocation and implementation.
- Ability to develop and manage an internal cross-functional Advocacy Relations guidance team to further prioritize and resources brand-specific initiatives pre-launch, launch and beyond.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 10 years of experience in health care advocacy.
- Experience in one or more of the following high priority therapeutic areas: Hematology Oncology, Sleep Disorders.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical policy issues and trends in government policy.
- Familiar with regulatory codes for third-party interactions to ensure legal and compliance standards.
- Strong presentation, oral, and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven collaborative and coalition building skills.
- Sound judgment, initiative, and the ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with a minimum of supervision.
- High degree of ethics and ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Experience working successfully in a team based environment.Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree is required
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.