Director Genomics Solutions - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Work in an international and dynamic environment, share our success!
- Our company is seeking a highly accomplished marketing and business individual to direct marketing functions for our company’s end-customer Genomics business
- In this role you’ll lead company’s Genomic automation related offering globally.
- You are responsible for defining the genomic offering in automation, the product positioning, the go to market approach, both the strategic and tactical marketing plan, and support our regions in executing against the plan.
- You will work closely with the company Genomic Application team to develop application notes and together with the automation product management to execute the product roadmap.
- In addition, you will strengthen and build new strategic partnerships with various genomic solution vendors.
- The objective of the position is also to build new OEM-in offerings in hardware but also in reagents and consumables.
- We are looking for a team player with deep genomic understanding and automation knowledge, a self-starter with “can do” attitude and passionate to build a new genomic leadership position for our company.
Responsibilities and core tasks:
- Develop and drive the growth agenda of the company end-customer genomics business.
- Define the company automation genomic product/application road-map and oversight the execution (both product development and applications)
- Build relationships with various genomics players and engage in selected strategic partnerships
- Lead organic business development (partnerships, OEM, Open innovation) and support in-organic in business development (potential acquisitions, partnerships and alliances).
- Develop a strategic genomic marketing plan and deploy in a yearly tactical plan, drive its execution both centrally and in the various regions
- Responsible for driving overall marketing campaign, collaterals and our presence on various channels (both at corporate and regional level)
- Work with outbound Marketing specialist to build and execution of the Demand Creation Programs to ensure we get our full share potential of our product lines.
- Drive voice of the customers, effectively monitor competition, drive pricing analysis, perform market analysis
- Build product adjacency and/or new offerings to increase share of recurring revenues in alignment with the company corporate strategy (e.g. consumables and reagents)
- Evaluate new business opportunities in terms of return on investment (Project plan, NPV) and coordinate the project including defining the requirements
- Manage day to day activities such as sales support for the local country activities
- Maintains accurate list of customer requirements/deliveries with an up to date priority list.
For this job the following qualifications are required:
- Life science degree with specialization in Genomics
- A Post grade degree in Marketing and/or MBA
- Life science and/or Diagnostic industry experience (more than 5 years)
- Held previous sales (preferred) and/or marketing senior roles (e.g. Marketing Manager, Product Manager) with Genomic solution offering players
- Effectively managed product development, OEM in transactions, product launches, and marketing activities (e.g. campaigns, collaterals, web, online and channels).
- Defining wining products using VOC and launching them to market.
- Ability to perform analysis of market, competitor and customer data.
- Ability to drive segmentation leading to competitive advantage in product and go-to-market strategy
- Ability to manage voice of the customers, market research and segmentation
- Create effective go-to-market programs (aka demand creation) to fuel sales growth for existing products
- Broad and sharp marketing & sales skills. Experience in world class marketing organization.
- Advanced project Management skills with proven track record in leading functional teams
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- SAP Knowledge
- English is a must, German a plus, and any other language beneficial
- Experience with direct sales and support organizations across multiple product platforms;
- The Director Genomics Solutions has excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skill, and at the same time a strong analytical approach combined with commercial acumen.
- Strong process orientation, problem solving skills and a firm commitment to quality complete her/his profile.
- She/he enjoys working in a collaborative team setting within a matrix environment, “hands-on” and with experience across global regions and under pressure.
- She/he demonstrates ability and experience to effectively interact with executives, senior leaders and with customers.
- The job requires around 20-40% of traveling.