Director, Finance - United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland
- The Director of Finance is the most senior finance professional in the Switzerland parent organization and will be responsible for financial and business development support encompassing strategic and tax planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- The Director of Finance coordinates all finance functions for Switzerland, including accounting, financial reporting and analysis activities as well as ensuring management of controls and processes.
- The Director of Finance ensures that financial statements are accurate, complete and in accordance with country requirements.
- The Director of Finance will also act as a very close business partner to the US and UK Finance teams.
- Coordinates all tax filings and oversees tax planning strategies for Switzerland
- Prepares statements of monthly financial data in compliance with local statutory requirements including income statement and balance sheets.
- Provides analysis of financial results compared to monthly plans
- Responsible for analysis and assessment of business development deals from a strategic and financial basis
- Responsible for Switzerland payroll and filing all relevant local and social security documents
- Responsible for coordinating all internal and external statutory and legal reporting and filings required for a public company including equity compensation
- Responds to special financial requests and analysis, and communicates potential problem areas. Conduct financial reviews/analysis as requested
- Liaises with the Vice President of Finance and the Head of Business Development and Strategy in establishing annual budgets and periodic forecasts for Switzerland and global operations
- Responsible for the month-end accounting close for the Switzerland parent, including processing of journal entries in the current MasterFinanz software package and preparation of Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Accountable for establishing and maintaining an environment of proper procedures and policies to support strong internal control framework in adherence to Sarbanes Oxley
- Lead the European ERP software implementation in collaboration with US Finance and Accounting team
- Prepare all relevant documentation and coordinate annual and periodic external audits
- Minimum 10 years of experience in financial analysis related to tax planning, financial planning and international business development
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills, ability to deliver financial data in a user friendly and relevant manner
- Ability to logically plan, organize and complete work assignments in individual and team settings
- Strong preference for experience implementing ERP systems and Business Intelligence reporting software
- Strong preference for experience working in a public environment
- Communication and Teamwork – The ability to effectively express ideas in written and oral context. The ability to work co-operatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Job Knowledge – Achieves and maintains technical and professional proficiency related to current job position and areas of expertise.
- Self Development and Flexibility – Understands and leverages internal and external resources. Continuously educates oneself to stay current with functional and industry knowledge. Shows initiative and demonstrates learning orientation and flexibility.
- Strategic Thinking – The ability to develop strategies and goals that recognize scientific/business issues, opportunities, and environment.