- Manages activities of the Facilities Departments to support the manufacture of Pharmaceuticals in a regulated environment and maximize the benefit to the company. Works with Engineering Maintenance site lead to connect with site leadership.
- Primary responsibility for leading and deploying on-site facilities and utilities maintenance operations, infrastructure management and compliance. This includes but is not limited to support to facilities and utilities projects, energy initiatives, asset management, reliability and business operations.
- This position serves as a single point of accountability for facilities at the site level and is responsible for delivering quality, safe, compliant and productive infrastructure management and with high focus on reliability and customer service.
- Deploys facilities standards aligned with business priorities as set by site/ campus LT. These standards are developed collaboratively under direction of the Engineering & Property Services facilities COE.
- Works with site level Engineering/Maintenance lead to enable them to serve as site level facilities single point of contact, understand site/platform strategies and expectations and translate them into facilities and site service solutions as part of a site/platform master plan in line with global facilities standards.
- Ensures efficient, reliable, and high-quality deployment of site maintenance and utilities operations within scope and all facilities operations, utilizing an effective balance of internal and external resources including service providers. Accountable for the resolution of technical and operational issues that may arise.
- Ensures the functionality and the proper maintenance of all equipment for the facility department in compliance with all Good Manufacturing Processes
- Lead setting, tracking and achievement of annual facilities goals and objectives including metric improvement targets. Sponsors continuous improvement activities focused on these goals.
- Supports deployment and effectiveness of the ME2, Reliability, Asset Management and Calibration Programs at the site. Assure the facilities organization maintains equipment with a focus on sound practices identified by ME2 and RCM. Equipment uptime is a key indicator of success.
- Develop and manage to annual goals and objectives along with financial budgets.
- Establish and manage relationships with contractors to ensure quality of work and compliance with all company policies and regulatory guidelines
- Owner for 5 year asset replacement plan for assigned assets. Supervises facilities engineers in development of plan and drives approval of plan through site and platform management.
- Partners with Compliance/Quality/EHS site based organizations to drive harmonization and fulfillment of compliance programs. Liaise closely with the EHS and QA/compliance functions to ensure compliance with all regulatory and local requirements.
- Incumbent supports multiple site(s): Beerse (GMP & GLP & GDP), Geel (GMP), Olen (GMP), Merksem (GCP), La Louvière (GMP), Courcelles (GMP)
- Business and/or GxP critical buildings and area’s in Beerse-Geel-Olen: 350 000 m², 3.8 MM sqft (offices, non-critical buildings excluded)
- # Business Units (as well as technologies): JSC Beerse & Olen (Liquids & Creams, Parenterals, Transdermals, Solids); JSC Geel (API); R&D (Discovery Sciences, PDMS, Clinical Supply Unit, …) Datacentre Beerse, Preservation and Material Protection, …
- Mission of the Site (Launch & Growth Site)
- Scale and complexity of equipment infrastructure
- High Level of automation, State Of The Art Installations
- 80 HCs (large Sites) + 80 Contractors
- Multiple organizational layers due to span of control and # of business units served
- Yearly operational budget 80M€ (25 M€ maintenance); yearly budget for investment 20M€
- Customer Relationship Management, Supplier Relationship Management, Site Governance/Operations
- Good Written and oral communications at different Organizational levels
- Financial/budget management
- Ability to effectively partner and deliver results in a Matrix environment.
- Ability to focus strategically while maintaining a tactical/operational focus
- Ability to lead a team of professionals and wage associates with diverse skills and competencies spanning business and technical areas
- Ability to lead diverse teams through change and organizational transformation
- Ability to adapt emerging best practices and industry innovations
- Influencing skills and strong analytical skills
- Broad understanding of facilities management and Compliance, GMP, EHS, SOX and other regulatory standards
- Technical knowledge on facilities management and related fields
- Ability/experience in managing an outsourced staff
- Leadership capabilities including talent development and performance management
- Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, and Chemical) discipline with supervisory experience required. Related experience in facilities management preferred.
- Years of experience dependent on level: Director: BS 15 -18 yrs, MS/MBA/Ph.D. 12 yrs And/Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA desirable
- PE/PEx/FPx certification desirable
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)