Director, Executive Operations and Special Projects - United States
The Director Executive Operations and Special Projects will have broad responsibility and be a key partner for the Chief Operating Officer in managing Intercept’s Enterprise Team management agenda. The position will function in many ways as a “Chief of Staff” for the COO; driving a number of key planning processes, along with taking responsibility for a number of important strategic projects. The scope of the position includes supporting major change initiatives, driving development of key corporate materials including board presentations, executive communications and corporate performance dashboards.
This role will primarily be responsible for engaging in highly confidential projects and discussions. The selected candidate will:
• Manage operational support for the leadership team and communicate with global leaders to acquire and formulate data to be presented to the board.
• Lead the management of the agendas for LT meetings, deliver clear summaries of agreements, and ensure on time follow-up of key initiatives.
• Provide structured management support to the delivery process and execution of confidential operational tasks and special projects.
• Identify opportunities to improve and streamline existing business processes and streamline decision making.
• Work with stakeholders to define business needs for improving effectiveness of meetings and communications in coordination with the Head of Corp Affairs.
• Ensure the efficient utilization of executive resources – including personnel and spend/budgets.
• Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and efficient use of executive time.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and employees on important communications.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
• Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated issues which may involve multiple functional areas
• Act as escalation point for all requests for meetings and information shared
• Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal staff
• Advise management on situations that may require additional support or escalation
• Manage process for communicating executive activities to the organization
• Improve and develop Process and Workflows to create more efficient executive meetings
• Deploy excellent analytical skills in the review of complex strategic issues and provide input and recommendations towards innovative solutions.
• The above responsibilities are indicative of the work required and should not be seen as an exhaustive list.
• This position requires a B.A./ B.S. in business administration or other relevant field and 5-7 years of experience in executive metrics and operations and/or project management.
• Some experience in management consulting would be highly beneficial
• Minimum 5 years of management experience
• Mature understanding (5-10 years+) and business experience with a proven track record of delivering results and practical project management techniques to programs.
• Excellent analytical and synthesis skills; able to translate complex business issues into plain English, easily digestible for customers and stakeholders
• Excellent documentation skills and attention to details
• Ability to deliver presentations skillfully
• Must be able to work proactively and under pressure.
• Comfortable working in a demanding fast-paced, customer-focused organization with start-up culture with evolving processes. Flexible and able to adapt to new situations as the business demands
• Influential and able to persuade peers and stakeholders (at various levels) and thereby overcome resistance to change and sustain support
• Pharmaceutical, biotechnology, life science industry experience a plus
• Awareness of regulatory compliance and role of systems in supporting compliance & security
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and problem solving capabilities.
• Proven negotiation skills.
• Ability to work effectively across a matrix organization.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize with minimal daily instruction.
• Ability to think strategically in order to improve current processes.
• Ability to travel as required.