Director, EU Medical Affairs Dermatology - Switzerland
The Director will lead medical/scientific and operational expertise into the planning and execution of the medical support activities of Celgene compounds for Dermatology for the EU.
Provides expert opinion on the current trends in the pathophysiology, diagnosis, existing and emerging treatment options as well as unmet medical needs in the therapeutic area to inform key medical and business decisions.
Build mutually valuable partnerships within the medical community through the execution of the EU Medical Affairs program.
Develop strong relationships with EU key opinion leaders, key professional societies and organizations in collaboration with global medical affairs and clinical colleagues through scientific dialogue pertinent to Celgene I&I interest.
Participate in and support EU clinical strategies in conjunction with EU commercial counterparts. Provide ongoing and interactive technical and medical expertise to execute on these strategies.
Provide expertise into the phase 3b/4 development for the EU.
Participate in and support EU Publication Plan.
Participate in formal scientific review of submitted EU Investigator Initiated Trials and related medical affairs activities (e.g. registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys etc.). Provide timely and interactive feedback to ensure adequate study progress.
Provide medical support to the EU medical affairs organizations including developing and delivering training curriculum and content.
Participate in EU advisory meetings with opinion leaders.
Actively participate on EU promotional review committees to ensure content is medically appropriate and compliant with internal and external requirements.
• M.D., D.O., PhD or Pharm D or equivalent degree, preferable with experience in the areas of Dermatology.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the therapeutic area, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry or similar academic institution, is required;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong formal presentation skills.
• Excellent planning and organization skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with both external physicians/scientists and numerous in-house support groups.
• Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity, represent the company’s high ethics, moral behavior, and professionalism.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain scientific credibility while being commercially supportive, and to communicate scientific results and effectively respond to data queries from customers and/or consultants.
• Strong scientific analytical skills.
• Knowledge of scientific methods, research design and medical practices and procedures that would be acquired through clinical experience and clinical research studies.
• Basic knowledge and appropriate application of biostatistics; proficiency using standard software suites.
• Ability to travel (frequent travel will be required).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including power point and outlook.