Director EU+ Field Medical Strategy & Execution - Switzerland
- In line with the worldwide medical strategy, the Director EU+ Field Medical Strategy & Execution will drive the Field Medical strategy development and execution for the region. As one of the largest functions within EU+ Medical, Field Medical employees are our main direct scientific interface with healthcare professionals across the region and, as such, this is a highly visible and critical role. This individual will collaborate with the Global & Regional Brand Teams to set the strategic direction for the EU+ Field Medical teams across all therapy areas, providing a significant voice at the leadership table and championing alignment on a global platform.
- He or she will be accountable for collaborating with the EU+ Country Medical Leads to deliver appropriate execution of the field medical strategy on a country by country basis.
- Reporting to the Senior Director, Head of Medical Strategy EU+, the successful candidate will lead a pan-EU+ group of MSLs (Alzheimers Disease)/MSL Leads (SMA, MS) via a matrix organization. He or she will be accountable for collaborating with the EU+ Country Medical Leads to determine strategic priorities and deliver appropriate execution of the field medical strategy on a country by country basis.
- Establish and promote the medical and scientific reputation of company throughout EU+
- Develop strong peer-to-peer scientific partnerships with internal & external stakeholders in alignment with the overall company strategy.
- Collaborate with the EU+ Country Medical Leads and MSL Leads to:
- Lead, develop and successfully deploy MSL initiatives across EU+
- Develop and maintain a regional forum for MSL best practice sharing across affiliates
- Serve as EU+ MSL strategy & execution point of contact for senior leadership
- Lead development of the EU+ Field Medical plan aligned with strategic worldwide medical priorities, partnering with regional and affiliate management teams to define, establish and execute a coherent field medical plan that addresses patient needs
- Identify current and future unmet medical needs, addressing those needs to EU+ Regional Medical, and generating short-, mid-, and long-term plans
- Identify measurable goals and KPIs to ensure execution of the regional field medical affairs plan and demonstrate value.
- Play a key leadership role within EU+ Medical, including providing best-practice sharing across countries, therapeutic areas, and products.
- Act as a regional partner for R&D for pipeline and new products as needed
- Develop and manage the Field Medical budget, providing input into the EU+ budgeting and planning process.
- Assess current field medical talent and identify growth and development opportunities, fostering a culture of high performance and urgency, ensuring that company's Field Medical leaders of the future are mentored for succession and retained.
- Create a climate in which self-motivated individuals will aspire to higher levels of performance by creating high standards, and by partnering with Country Medical and MSL leads to reward and recognise exceptional performance
- Create an environment of trust, delegate responsibility to help individuals grow professionally
- Provide positive and developmental feedback appropriately
- Clearly understand the hiring profile for EU+ field medical and assist Country Medical/MSL leads in knowing how to match a candidate’s skills with the role of an excellent MSL
- Collaborate with Country Medical Leads to help ensure compliance and governance with external laws and internal regulations regarding the appropriate conduct of Field Medical activities throughout EU+
- 10+ years experience within Field Medical across multiple therapy areas.
- Line management experience in leading a field based team, demonstration of MSL/field member coaching, mentoring and leadership
- Proven success recruiting, developing, leading, and retaining , high-performing, diverse field-based teams, driving paradigm shifts and a culture of accountability and continuous improvement, within a large, highly-matrixed, complex, top-tier business organization
- Business savvy and executive presence/confidence coupled with outstanding communication, negotiation, and cross-functional relationship-building skills needed to engage effectively and credibly with both external and internal stakeholders—including scientifically oriented and data-driven executive management
Pharmacist (PhD level) or Physician
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Manager, Scientific, Science, Management, Strategy, Engineering, Research