Director Ethics & Compliance (UK Affiliate) Endon United Kingdom,
Purpose of position
This position is a critical leader for enhancing local compliance standards in our UK Affilliate, assisting the local Ethics and Compliance Leader in developing and implementing the key elements of a robust Compliance Program
- To implement and continuously improve the Ethics & Compliance (E&C) program in the affiliate under the direction of the local Ethics and Compliance Leader, working closely with E&C regional and global operations.
- Support for the enhancement of the Ethics & Compliance program in the Medical department.
- Ensure effective leadership to drive compliance culture locally, including accountability and consequences for non-compliance.
- Support effective local compliance standards through risk assessment, effective communication, training, risk monitoring, SOP development and other key initiatives/projects across the functions
- Lead Tone from the Top and other compliance communication programs such as a speak up culture
- Deliver Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption program, including third-party due diligence processes relating to compliance.
- Implement local privacy policies, procedures and training and awareness campaigns to support and embed a culture of privacy
- Ensure compliance with respect to payment or funding to HCPs or healthcare organizations and transparency activities.
- Responsible for the oversight of tracking, trending and appropriate investigation of and follow-up on ethics and compliance related issues, concerns or actual or potential violations consistent with global and regional processes; this includes implementing appropriate corrective actions if violations occur.
- Support for the cross-functional local Compliance Committees with appropriate governance.
Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
- Degree level qualification preferably in law, business administration, corporate governance, compliance, medical or other related fields
- An established career in the pharmaceutical industry in a legal or compliance role
- Substantive knowledge and experience with compliance with law, regulations and industry codes relevant to the pharmaceutical industry particularly UK e.g ABPI.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural regional and global environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret rules and guidelines, conceptualize policies, procedures and controls.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, sound and independent judgment, prudence and maturity in complex and sensitive cases.
- Provide evidence of Leadership from a change management perspective.
- A strong commitment to integrity and professionalism and a commitment to excellence.
- Be able to evidence strong written and verbal communications, fully fluent in businines English
Find a Job Find Candidates