MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The EHS Director will provide leadership and technical guidance in order to develop, implement, maintain and improve continuously the Environmental, Safety and Health Management System for the Ballydine site, in order to guarantee full compliance with: legal requirements related to Environmental, Safety and Health; MSD's corporate standards, policies, procedures and guidelines related to EHS and industry best practives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan, develop and implement EHS programs in order to assure continuous compliance with local legislation, MSD's standards and industry best practices.
• Support Sites' Leadership to maintain and improve their local EHS programs, through each site Operations team or directly. Assist Operational departments in achieving and maintaining compliance.
• Prepare required reports to site, divisional and/or corporate management and regulatory agencies.
• Manage budgetary & capital needs to support EHS initiatives, projects and programs.
• Serve as interface with governamental EHS agencies and insurance carriers.
• Evaluate, with the Engineering Department, the requirements related to EHS applicable for new projects and processes as well as changes in the existing processes and installatation.
• Manages the team of EHS Professionals assigned to Ballydine site.
- Technical primary degree with a post-grad EHS qualification.
- Post-Graduate qualification in Business Administration desirable
5+ years EHS experience in Chemical and/or Pharmaceutical industries – production of active pharmaceutical ingredients and pharmaceutical operations..
Experience of supporting multiple activities/projects and of working with EHS regulatory agencies and corporate support functions. Expertise in and Process Safety Management.
The ideal candidate is a self directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
Recruitment Agency / Search Firm representatives please note:
MSD will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / search firms under any circumstances. In order to present CVs to MSD, your Recruitment Agency / Search Firm will have been invited to work on a specific vacancy and have Terms of Business signed and agreed with the relevant Recruitment and Staffing Regional Lead. Should you send CVs for a vacancy that you have not been specifically invited to work on to any employee at MSD (via email, post, internet, Taleo or any other method), these will be deemed the sole property of MSD. MSD will pay no introduction fee to the Recruitment Agency / Search Firm if a candidate is hired as a result of an agency introduction under these circumstances.
Job: Env, Health & Safety Generic Job Title:Director, EHS
Primary Location: EMEA-Ireland-Munster-Tipperary
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
External Job Board Posting: Ireland – IrishJobs – Prestige
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Manager, Environmental Health & Safety, Law, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Management, Healthcare, Legal, Engineering, Science