Director, Distribution, Trade & Customer Operations US & LATAM - United States
This is a key position in the Global Supply Chain team in Alexion. This role will have direct responsibility for all customer order and distribution activities for both North America and LATAM. This role involves leading a large team of professionals, providing clear direction, a clear strategy and the necessary support for the entire team to be successful. A strong requirement will be to establish strong relationships with all key stakeholders across the Alexion network.
- Lead and develop the customer operations and distribution teams for both US and LATAM markets
- Provide strong leadership, guidance and development on all aspects of a highly functioning customer delivery operation
- Ensure the correct inventory levels are maintained in all markets, working with the commercial teams and the wider operations group
- Drive the necessary processes to ensure compliance with all regulations GxP, Financial, Regulatory etc
- Develop strong partnerships with our external partners
- Own the overall success of Customer Support Metrics, Systems, and Processes, while identifying and implementing key enhancements to systems and processes for improvement.
- Ensure operational readiness, and provide ongoing training for growth and development of managers and their teams.
- Monitor programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery, customer satisfaction and the effective and efficient operation of the department.
- Drive the necessary actions to ensure successful launch of new products, line or market extensions
The preferred candidate should have extensive experience in customer operations, distribution, supply chain and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage external partners. Strong cross-functional team work experience, implementation management and understands the logistics challenges in both the US and LATAM markets. Is a proven business process and solutions-oriented leader who can provide strong leadership in a fast paced, continuous changing environment and growing organization. Has strong verbal and written communication skills, is a team player and drives for results.
- 10-15 yrs leadership experience in customer operations and distribution, including cold chain distribution
- A solid understanding of pharmaceutical channel management and trade customers
- LATAM supply chain experience in the pharmaceutical sector would be ideal
- Product launch, market extension experience with pharmaceuticals is a must
- Proven capabilities in managing emergent, complex, logistical situations that may be life threatening for a patient.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with opposing opinions; work in cross functional environments.
- Excellent negotiator and team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
This job requires travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree
New Haven, CT, United States
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Alexion developed and commercializes Soliris® (eculizumab), the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders. As the global leader in complement inhibition, Alexion is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders. Alexion’s metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, Strensiq® (asfotase alfa) to treat patients with hypophosphatasia (HPP) and Kanuma™ (sebelipase alfa) to treat patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative action employer