Director, Data Management Operations/Data and Analytics Management - United States
- The Director, Data and Analytics Management is an influential leader responsible for the global Data Management strategy for all studies, Programs, Phases and therapeutic areas.
- He/She provides day to day leadership for Data and Analytics project management, medical coding, data systems and quality, and is accountable for the implementation of Program and study data strategies and overall project delivery.
- He/She is the key point person for operational excellence in partnership with Bio statistics, Clinical, Statistical Programming, and other Global Development functions.
- He/She ensures that adequate resourcing is available internally and externally through strategic partnerships to meet milestones and performance/quality requirements across all drug programs.
- He/She partners within Data Sciences and Operations to ensure strategy is aligned, partners with Bio statistics and Global Clinical Operations to ensure excellence in all aspects of statistical trial data acquisition and reporting as well as other functions within Global Development, including SABR, Regulatory, R&D Compliance, Global Clinical Operations to collaborate on work streams and initiatives that impact all of Global Development.
- He/She supports through Early Clinical Development to Late Stage Development by ensuring that Data Management processes, standards, templates and best practices are applied fit for purpose to meet company Program needs.
- He/She manages, coaches, and supports staff in order to develop excellence.
- 12+ years relevant work experience in a leadership position within an organization with a focus on data management and analysis
- Deep understanding of drug development and biopharmaceutical industry preferred
- Intellectual thought leadership, strategic and critical thinking to influence senior leadership and drive direction of Dev. Sci. strategy
- Strong management skills, and ability to effectively lead and collaborate with various business functions
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective business relationships with external stakeholders, including implementing process change at a vendor
- Deep knowledge of clinical data management outsourcing with full-service, global CROs and FSPs Experience managing in a matrix environment and collaborating across functions and organizations, including demonstrated ability to influence without authority
- Ability to successfully implement change management and lead others through change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, conflict resolution, and team building skills
- Direct leadership of Cross-functional initiatives/effective change management of process or technical improvements that improve Programming department standards or practices
Bachelor’s degree required, Masters or PhD in Biology / Chemistry, Life Sciences, Clinical Data Management, or Drug Development preferred
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Database, Analytics, Operations Manager, Manager, Technology, Management, Operations