Director, Data Enablement & Analytics Summit United States,
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
In an effort to enable and exceed strategic requirements, the Data Enablement & Analytics position will ensure management of Celgene’s data as a corporate asset. He/she will have a leading role in GCRDO’s approach to Big Data. This role will work with a team of individuals within GCRDO, iKU, IT and others to utilize internal and external sources of data in providing data, information, analytics and insights to GCRDO functional teams to use in driving innovation, making business decisions and setting strategies and prioritization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and enhance Celgene’s Data including Data Strategy, Sourcing, Governance, Stewardship and Analytics
- Take a lead role in the creation and execution of a robust data governance framework for current and emerging data sources with GCRDO Data governance team, iKU and IT
- Lead data stewardship activities with iKU for the GCRDO team including strategy for accessing, linking and analyzing large databases
- Lead evaluation of current and future data assets including partnerships for sourcing data and analytics tools
- Ability to facilitate discussions and collaborate with IT, iKU, Stats and external vendor partners
- Aid in the development of data feeds/flow strategy from various sources ensuring timely and accurate information for business users
- Create GCRDO analytics strategy and roadmap in partnership with internal stakeholders and external parties
- Develop and leads a team responsible for Strategic Insights and Analytics.
- Drive innovation via the use of data driven insights to business functions across GCRDO
- Build and advocate data-fueled products that help cross-functional partners improve outcomes.
- Provide insight into leading analytic practices, and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of core deliverables
- Drive the interaction and partnership between the GCRDO analytics function and the franchises – staying at the forefront to ensure a tight cooperation in identifying and defining analytical needs, and generating the pull-through of insights with the business
- Act as a change agent internally on matters pertaining to the utilization of data, implementation of the analytics strategy and tactics. Ensure a broad understanding of the value of analytics and insights to the product value demonstration
- Lead advanced analytical initiatives to uncover new business opportunities and insights
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, data mining, machine learning, or related quantitative discipline
- 10+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years leading decision science/data analytics functions required
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Healthcare experience preferred but not necessary
- Management and Leadership with a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Possesses high level initiative, ability to multi-task, and is passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets
- Practical knowledge of data governance, quality, stewardship processes
- Experience in leading / contributing to the development of a new analytics organization
- Proven track record of leading teams, developing high performers, and driving execution
- Strategic thinker, keeping big picture in mind while ensuring execution excellence
- Well versed in analytics principles, software , Digital Analytics and able to coach and teach others
- Strong communications and presentation skills, delivering messages with impact to external and internal customers, including senior executives
- Ability to manage complexity, help team prioritize, and make effective decisions in complex, cross-functional, changing environments
Some travel may be required
#POST-LICelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Find a Job Find Candidates