This job is currently Archived,
Director Data Analytics - United States
Posted on : 19 September 2017
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Data and Analyticsin ourCambridge, MAoffice.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director, Data and Analytics, you will be empowered led lead the adoption and utilization of technologies, models and methods for science driven data analytics across R&D, and a typical day will include:
- Lead the implementation and operational activities of Takeda R&D use cases utilizing scientific data for insights and broad effect.
- Drive the definition, design, implementation and validation of cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes by leveraging complex statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques.
- Prioritize and oversee portfolio of projects ensuring alignment of activities and standards.
- Advance socialization of techniques and new technologies throughout organization.
- Oversee the ingestion and classification of diverse data sources, such as clinical trial data, electronic health record data, insurance claims data, and disease, patient data
- Deliver on data-driven research projects through organization of team efforts and hands-on approach
- Actively listen, integrate input from diverse sources, and collaboratively translate medical or business questions into data and analysis requirements
- Partners with domain experts to verify and drive model capabilities and translate modeling outputs into business language
- Partners with IT resources to enable appropriate data flow/data model, development using appropriate tools/technology, rapid prototyping and informs the design of analytical products
- Coaches, develops and mentor employees (team) on data science tools and methodologies
- Builds external alliances to gain and share information and industry trends.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Advanced degree (PhD, MS) in a data-related field with a substantial scientific and statistical component
- 10+ years experience working in pharmaceutical / biotechnology / healthcare / health IT industry, and 5 + delivering end-to-end data analysis projects
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with and influence all levels of management.
- Seasoned data scientist with experience in large-scale healthcare data analysis and industry models/standards
- Advanced knowledge of a subset of analytical approaches (ex. machine learning, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, visual analytics)
- Experience in observational healthcare data analysis
- Advanced hands-on knowledge of R and/or Python
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience analyzing data from traditional healthcare databases (electronic medical records, claims, etc) is preferred
- Experience with Hadoop platforms (Cloudera a plus) and related “big data” technologies is preferred
- Experience working in Cloud Computing environments (ex AWS, Azure, etc) is preferred
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, corporate partners, additional Takeda sites.
- Requires approximately 10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.