This job is currently Archived,
Director, Corporate Communications Emeryville United States,
Posted on : 19 May 2017
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- This position is responsible for creating and implementing US-targeted Internal and External Communications focusing on increasing understanding and awareness of our company, its people, products and pipeline programs consistent with company s global communications policies.
- This position is expected to collaborate with our company's Japan-based Corporate Communications Group (CCG) in the creation of global communications messaging and planning as well as be responsible to the implementation of such activities in the U.S. region.
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION:
- In alignment with overall corporate objectives and priorities, develop and implement a comprehensive corporate communications strategy, plan, and materials for the US
- Develop and implement strategies to increase Company s visibility and enhance its internal and external reputation to reach and attract key audiences including, but not limited to, investors, media, potential employees, KOLs, patients for clinical trials, advocacy groups, and partners within the US.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders, agencies, and vendors to support internal and external communications efforts.
- Manage external vendors to ensure timely and quality delivery.
- Direct external and internal facing communications activities, including public and media relations, reputation management, digital and social media communications initiatives, and employee communication
- Serve as spokesperson with the media, with the responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships with key media that cover the scope of interests for our company - across traditional and digital media
- Keeps up-to-date with best practices in writing for the web, social media trends, web usability, web design, and business/industry trends
- Develop and oversee issue and crisis management communication including planning, readiness, and response.
- Work with senior management and across the organization to align strategy/messaging as appropriate with diverse internal and external audiences
- Support development and management of content for the company website maintaining company web pages (Intranet and Inc Internet)
- Evaluate external visibility / speaking opportunities for company executive leadership.
- Support executive communications needs for internal and external audiences, including content / presentation development.
- May support company Headquarter Corporate Communications Group (CCG) on various investor relations needs such as presentations, leadership conference attendance, and other needs.
- Coordinate content creation & publishing of company newsletters (internal or external), news flash, digital online magazine, etc.
- Works with developers/IT staff to assess any technical challenges (technical troubleshooting) in displaying the content.
- Drive company social media efforts, in collaboration with internal teams and external agencies, including identification of the most appropriate platforms to support business objectives and serve unmet patient needs.
- As needed, support general marketing communications needs.
- Help manage budget for all activities related to corporate communications.
- Perform other duties as necessary as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 10 12 years of previous relevant industry experience, with 8+ years of corporate communications experience within multi-national public companies.
- Bachelor s degree required, Master s degree preferred.
- Brand management, channel management and crisis communication management experience.
- Functional communication skills in key areas such as public relations, speech writing, and community engagement.
- Proven ability to significantly influence internal and external stakeholders using a thoughtful communication plan to align people or groups.
- Experience building and leading internal communications and working collaboratively with a broad range of internal partners in a large, geographically dispersed organization.
- Direct experience addressing and persuading multiple stakeholders through various media, positioning messages according to the distinct needs of each constituency and ensure messages are accurate, polished and of a quality and tone consistent with the company s leadership and culture.
- Demonstrated ability to understand multiple, diverse stakeholders, anticipate impact of company actions on corporate reputation, and translate complex issues into clear, simple and consistent messages and themes. Act as advisor on company reputation, values and culture.
- Demonstrated skills in translating business strategies to comprehensive external and internal communication strategies.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Experience in writing for the Web, content management and internet research
- Experience with social networks and implementation of social media marketing
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and working with content management systems (CMS) a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- The individual must be able to travel approx. 25%, domestically and globally.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Find a Job Find Candidates