Director, Competitive Intelligence - United States
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Provide and direct global Competitive Intelligence (CI) deliverables for Development stage programs and Marketed products, Research stage projects and Business Development opportunities. Examples include competitive landscape assessments; ongoing monitoring and conference coverage; incorporation of insights to ensure competitive strategic plans for the programs; dissemination of competitive insights via periodic presentations and written updates
- Lead and coordinate competitive intelligence activities across the company
- Engage key stakeholders within BioMarin to address competitive intelligence needs for R&D programs as well as Marketed products in alignment with BioMarin strategic priorities.
- Work with a variety of departments including commercial, clinical, regulatory and business development to carry out competitive analyses
- As needed, work with functional management on CI-focused projects
- Drive competitive analysis/intelligence for development stage programs
- Provide assistance to product team leaders/product teams as they develop long term plans/target product profiles/clinical trial designs
- Assist in scientific and commercial competitive assessments to support both the commercial launch of new products as well as Marketed products and any Lifecycle Management efforts for those products
- Assess current and future competitive landscape for research stage projects and business development opportunities to inform our understanding of potential value and risks
- Refine and enhance the competitive intelligence functionality and processes
- Assess external systems, databases, and consulting capabilities that would support and enhance the capture/analysis/communication of competitive information
- Refine and implement processes to enhance internal CI networks and communication/dissemination of competitive information
- Effectively communicate and defend competitive analysis findings and viewpoints in writing and orally; provide effective thought partnership with key stakeholders within BioMarin
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the sciences/engineering such as: Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering
- Advanced degree (MBA, MS, PhD) preferred
- 7-12 years of experience in the life sciences industry (biotech/pharma)
- 5-7 years of experience in competitive intelligence
- Expertise in corporate, product and/or portfolio strategy or consulting/investment banking experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.