Director, Clinical Research, Vaccines Job Gwynedd United States,
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Clinical Director is responsible for protocol development and medical/scientific oversight of clinical research studies involving new or marketed drugs in the Vaccines Clinical Research group. He/she will be responsible for all phases of the trial process, including but not limited to the design, oversight and medical monitoring of Phase I to V clinical trials, preparation of progress reports and summaries regarding vaccine safety and efficacy, as well as analysis, interpretation and reporting of final clinical trial results. Responsibilities also include presentation of research findings at national and international scientific meetings and preparation of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals. The Clinical Director will also contribute to establishing Vaccine Clinical Development Strategies and executing on short- and long-term research objectives. He/she will provide internal scientific leadership for cross functional areas supporting clinical development and external leadership through interaction with key opinion leaders.
- MD or MD/PhD
- Board certified or eligible in a vaccine-related clinical field such as Internal Medicine, Obstetrics Gynecology, Family Medicine,or Pediatrics
- Clinical Research experience with evidence of strong scientific productivity such as authorship on published manuscripts
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to function in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Subspecialty certification or advanced degree in related clinical or scientific field such as Infectious Diseases, Adolescent Medicine, Immunology, or Public Health.
- Research background in design and implementation of clinical studies, familiarity with biostatistics, and/or regulatory review process is desirable
- Proven leadership skills with ability to create and work in high performance teams and/or matrix organization
- Must be able to collaborate to resolution and articulate clear scientific strategy
- Prior pharmaceutical industry experience is desired but not required
Our employees are the key to our company s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Clinical Research Generic
Job Title:Sr. Prin. Scientist, Clinical Research
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Clinic, Immunology, Medical, Manager, Clinical Research, Healthcare, Management
Find a Job Find Candidates