Director, Clinical Informatics - United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to members of the bioinformatics team.
- Provide vision and guidance on the future directions of the bioinformatics applications.
- Interact with clients with gather data for planning and product design(s)
- Participate in strategic planning, design of the processes, and the implementation of data analysis improvements.
- Establish best-in-practice operations to collect, process and analysis of laboratory data.
- Oversight of primary data processing in PerkinElmer Genetics Laboratories, data management and storage
- Provide leadership in developing new tools for genomic data analysis, integration and analytics.
- Introduce and implement advanced databases to enable innovation and improved services to our global customer base.
- Work closely with solution architects and developers for solution design.
- Be an expert and influencer during conceptualization, design and development of new product(s) / applications to expand our software product offerings in the market place.
- Work with solutions architect, product management, sales, marketing and R&D teams to develop long-term strategy for innovative applications to improve PerkinElmer’s competitive edge
- Be a team player and put team objectives above personal ambitions
- Ph.D. Computational biology, electrical/computer engineering, mathematics, physics, molecular biology, or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of the current methods in genomic bioinformatics.
- Experience organizing and working with 'Big Data'.
- Knowledge of systems and computational biology.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentational).
- Strong knowledge of genetics and genomics with mastery and ability to mentor others in bioinformatics fundamentals.
- If remote, 25-30% travel is likely
- Hands-on experience with developing, deploying and maintenance of bioinformatics applications is required
- Build and execute on bioinformatics database strategy for Diagnostics
- Help develop a sustained business model for medical data
- Execute on business plan
- Technology alignment with PerkinElmer (EA, enterprise architecture) direction & roadmap
- Aligned technology solution with business strategies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong technical background and problem solving skills - ability to dissect problems and projects into manageable tasks
- Demonstrate expertise & competency in technical domain
- Entrepreneurial Customer focus, value driven – passionate about working to develop applications to address customer needs
- Ability to with work with cross functional teams - excellent group interaction and negotiating skills
- Ability to provide mentorship & leadership for developing / maintaining teams
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
- Ability to use agile methodology and processes in developing applications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills in front of internal teams, customers, and large audience
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS:
- Hitting revenue and bottom line targets for software, as a team
- Customer satisfaction
- Agile delivery
- Established technical standards and policies
- Process efficiency & effectiveness